shape
carat
color
clarity

European Cut or...??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indigo

Rough_Rock
This is the platinum e-ring that my grandmother bought for herself about 25 years ago. She was married in 1939 and had decided that she had waited long enough for her husband to upgrade her wedding rings
1.gif

It wasn''t new when she bought it, but she didn''t know much about it. I found the receipt recently that said it was around .5ct and cost just under $1000 at the time.

Can anyone tell from the pics what kind of cut it is? I know the prongs look horrible, but I''ve been busy getting my own e-ring so I haven''t done anything with this. I''m just curious.

small.jpg
original.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful!

Experts, OEC? Going by the large blocks of light, it looks like one to me--but with a very small culet.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like 'transition' cut, and sure glows in this pic
1.gif
The smaller ones could be old mone (all I see are some very high, almost dome-like pavilions, hence the hunch). Why worry? Te ring looks quite nice (bar what you mention) and the pronga can be retouched into somethin thinner and more mainstream, if you so whish...

What would be the fate of this one?

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Whatever it may be it is sure pretty. The faceting reminds me of a quilting pattern. David Atlas could probably give the definitive answer.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I agree w/you AnA. Transition cut. I own an OMC, an OEC, and have seen a transition cut. It looks to me, most like the latter.

win

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a transition cut, but either way it's gorgeous!

indigo

Rough_Rock
I'm the lucky grandaughter who inherited this ring. My sister got a much newer ruby ring. I'm definitely keeping it. She told me once that a jeweler had wanted to buy her diamond so I was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results