shape
carat
color
clarity

Euro shank?

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Hi! :wavey:

What are everyone's current opinions about euro shanks - specifically, do they help prevent a ring from spinning? My wedding bands have diamonds that go half way down the shank. For various reasons, I love the size of the rings and don't want to change that, and I also don't want to add any sizing beads or anything else to them. However, the rings do spin and it bothers me. My bands are from Shane Co and I do know that they will re-shank rings.

Thanks!! :) :)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple of rings that have Euro shanks, and they do stop the rings from spinning, but I don't like the feel of them that much. I bought those rings over 10 years ago, and none of my newer rings have the Euro shanks because I can't stand the way they feel. Before you commit to re-shanking your wedding bands, you might want to try out the way they feel for a few days. Do you have a friend who wouldn't mind you borrowing a ring for a while to see if you like the feel of it?

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Aoife said:
I have a couple of rings that have Euro shanks, and they do stop the rings from spinning, but I don't like the feel of them that much. I bought those rings over 10 years ago, and none of my newer rings have the Euro shanks because I can't stand the way they feel. Before you commit to re-shanking your wedding bands, you might want to try out the way they feel for a few days. Do you have a friend who wouldn't mind you borrowing a ring for a while to see if you like the feel of it?

Thanks!! Do they just feel bulky underneith or why don't you like the feel? That makes sense though and a good suggestion to wear one for a while to see how I like it.

Thanks again! :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have one Euroshank and I like it. It does keep the ring from spinning.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
They do feel bulky to me, and I'm always conscious of the weight of them between my fingers. They don't "hug" my finger the way a standard ring does; the kind of squared off bottom feels weighty and clinks against everything. I really thought I would like them, since my rings always spin, but I ended up just substituting one irritation for another.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one with euroshank and the others don't. I don't feel it at all, as it isn't really obtrusive (it's an A Jaffe setting). The ring doesn't spin at all, but then again none of them do at the weight I am right now. On a cold day or when I lose weight it does still lean a bit just like the others. I don't know that I would pay extra for it again unless it was like a semi-eternity where I know I wouldn't want it to move at all.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
I had one and it always felt odd to me. Just not a comfortable fitting ring for me.

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone!! I know that I just need to try one on to see what I think, but until then...is it thicker on your finger compared to a round shank (when viewed from the top, is it thicker between neighboring fingers - know what I mean?! Haha.)? Does it just reduce the spinning very minimally or would you say quite noticeably (or somewhere in between)?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two rings w/them and love them. The first time I wore one it felt weird, but after that first day I never noticed it again. When I got the 2nd ring w/it I didn't notice it at all. I switch the rings between both hands and don't notice it.

SDDiamondLover

Rough_Rock
I've had two Euro shank rings over the years. The first one was bulky and I didn't like the feel of it. The most recent one is very comfortable and does keep the ring from spinning. I think it just depends on how the ring is made. Euro shank #2 is great.

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! It sounds like the shank itself varies between vendors. I definitely don't want a shank that feels extra bulky, but it sure would be nice to keep my bands in place better. My best bet is to try Shane Co.'s Euro shank and see how I like it.

bcavitt

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Our customers like the euroshank for top heavy settings, but don't have an opinion one way or the other on smaller settings. A Jaffe pretty much has euroshanks as their standard.

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and opinions. At this point, I'm just really wondering how much a Euro shank will prevent the rings from spinning. I would love for the rings to not move to the side at all, but a little bit is fine. But if they still move a decent amount, then I don't think it's worth it.

Any thoughts on any of that?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one and I didn't like it. It feels weird between my fingers. Does the ring spin? A little bit. I wouldn't do it again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results