shape
carat
color
clarity

euro shank for the e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
hi guys, i have several questions -

#1 does this have to be done while you place your order for the engagement ring?

#2 if you have the regular shank, can you change your mind later and ask them to make it into the euro shank? if so, i am having a hard time understanding this because it seems to me like the "euroness" of the euro shank that helps prevent rolling are the extended metal on the bottom edges of the ring, so would they have to add more metal to the edges?

#3 if you were to take photos of your rings not on your finger, do rings w/ euro shanks come out really funky? we want to take photos of the rings by themselves for engagement & wedding and i'm afraid the squarishness of the euro shanks will take away the the beauty that typically comes w/ the regular round rings? this is partly why i wnated to know if i can order regular shanks now and make them "euro" later down the line after the wedding?

#4 how much extra does it cost to get a euro shank for your ring? do people do this for just the e-ring due to its heaviness or also the wedding band? if just the e-ring, wouldn't it look weird to do ring photography (e-ring + w-band w/o fingers) when one is euro and the other isn't?

#5 my ring size is 3.50, center stone will most likely be round, 1.5 ct in a channel setting, 2.9mm thick (top), 2.44 mm thick (base) - would i have to worry about ring spinning?
setting can be found here

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Most" people get a Euro shank to keep a top heavy (large stone) ring from spinning, though some just prefer the design. Your stone would not require a Euro shank imo. It''s a very nice size, but not so large that it will cause a great deal of spinning, IF you get the setting in the proper size. If you don''t, any ring will spin.
28.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a ring with a euroshank 3 weeks ago and it is driving me crazy.The feel of the squareness on the bottom is just odd compared to my other rings. Hopefully I will get used to it.

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
I would find a jeweler who actually has a working bench at his store and ask him these same questions. I bought my my wife''s setting as regular round ring and the jeweler sized it smaller and gave it a euro shank at the same time. I think my bill was around $125. My wife likes it this way as it is more comfortable and does not spin around. My sister and a few of her friends also wear rings with euro shanks. You might want to make photos and have her wear your ring for awhile and see how she feels about the whole euroshank question after the wedding. If you do have work done, make sure that your jeweler has experience and comfortable in working with whatever metal that e-ring is. Some have used gold and white gold for decades and platium is very new to them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results