shape
carat
color
clarity

Etsy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering if anyone has bought from Etsy before? I love the fact that everything is homemade! The only problem I have is that my first buying experience isn''t all I hoped it would be, but I know it depends on the seller. I bought this cute clutch on April 24th and she has yet to even start making it. Anyway, anyone else have cool etsy finds to share?

etsyclutchpurse.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I loooooove etsy!! I''ve only ordered one thing, which is the address stamp for my invites. I had a little trouble with the shipping and the girl did take a little longer to make it than she originally said, but overall it was a good experience and I would definitely buy from someone on there again. I just wouldn''t buy anything if I was in a hurry, keep in mind most of these people make this stuff on the side out of their homes so it''s not like they are a business who has inventory sitting around and they ship it out when they get an order. How long has it been since you ordered the clutch?? Super cute by the way :)

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
hiya. well, i ordered april 24th and it''s now may 27th...so just over a month. i knew it would take a little time to make it, but the only problem i have is that she hasn''t even started making it yet. i realize she''s probably busy though and i just need to be patient. it''s just that i really love it and i''m looking forward to getting it! :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 7:13:22 PM
Author: v!v!
hiya. well, i ordered april 24th and it''s now may 27th...so just over a month. i knew it would take a little time to make it, but the only problem i have is that she hasn''t even started making it yet. i realize she''s probably busy though and i just need to be patient. it''s just that i really love it and i''m looking forward to getting it! :)

Yikes-a month and she hasn''t even started?! I''d think about asking for my money back...that''s a bummer! I haven''t ordered from Etsy but I do like to look sometimes.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love etsy!!!! I check it frequently and have a long list of sellers which I admire. I've bought several things and I've been happy with them, and some of the prices are quite good. Some sellers are quicker to respond than others, but probably some of them do this on the side and have other jobs, too, so they get back to you when they can. I've had some sellers get back to me asap about a question, while others aren't as fast. It's fine, though, and it's not like I'm in a huge hurry anyways for whatever item I want. They have all responded within a very reasonable amount of time. I've found all the sellers I've worked with to be quite helpful. If it's a custom order, however, you've got to be patient as they probably have others on a list, too. Up to you how patient you want to be
emwink.gif

Check the sellers feedback, too, and you can find a lot of info.
There is an absolute ton of stuff on there to pick from so I think it's a lot of fun just to browse! It's like an online craft fair.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I adore Etsy. I recently ordered a small, 100% waterproof makeup bag (which I couldn't find anywhere else online) for $10, as well as my wedding invitations, which were my first Etsy purchase. Both sellers were wonderful and made me exactly what I wanted. I love the idea of supporting crafters rather than companies.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of people on the vogue forums here in Australia rave about it so I guess it is pretty reliable.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I purchased a ring from there but it arrived broken. The girl cheerfully refunded the amount and apologized... she was so upset that the damaged ring would deter me from further etsy purchases but I''d definitely buy from there again!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I've ordered a bunch of things from etsy and have had fantastic experiences, with one exception. I ordered this vintage dress and the seller was never heard from again. I ultimately was refunded the money and think that is definitely NOT normal. I
emlove.gif
etsy.

like ebree, i really like supporting handmade craftmanship!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results