shape
carat
color
clarity

Etsy question... sold listings

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone... I noticed something and I can’t be the only one... take into consideration that technology is not my friend. So I had a few shops that I watched on Etsy (I can’t be alone here), and loved looking at the sold custom pieces and sold listings... when I’m looking on the website on my phone I can’t find them anymore or see them at all. I haven’t checked the iPad or computer yet. Is this something anyone else has noticed? Is my lack of special technology skills working against me again? Thank you

voce

Ideal_Rock
I noticed this a few months ago. Would love to hear a resolution on this. I can't even access the listings that were sold to me unless I click on view receipt first under purchases and reviews.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Etsy runs "tests" from time to time where they will experiment with how shoppers react to certain changes and the shop owners on Etsy think the disappearance of sold listings is one such test.

That means they could come back or they might be gone permanently. Unfortunately Etsy does not fill in the shop owners they just kind of change things when they see fit with no advance notice.

It is hugely frustrating, I too enjoyed looking at sold listings.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch that page on certain vendors all the time! So glad I'm not alone. :lol-2:

I live on Yvonne's sold page. I can see it just fine from my desktop and ipad. Sometimes, it will disappear but I find that if I open up a new item in a new window (vs staying on the same page), the "sold" page comes back...for me anyway.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CecileRaleyDesigns/sold

voce

Ideal_Rock
I watch that page on certain vendors all the time! So glad I'm not alone. :lol-2:

I live on Yvonne's sold page. I can see it just fine from my desktop and ipad. Sometimes, it will disappear but I find that if I open up a new item in a new window (vs staying on the same page), the "sold" page comes back...for me anyway.
Elle, you are a lifesaver! :P2

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
I noticed this a few months ago. Would love to hear a resolution on this. I can't even access the listings that were sold to me unless I click on view receipt first under purchases and reviews.

I found some under favorites too, but sometimes I don’t even see them pop up in time to favorite them. =)2 So glad I’m not the only one!

Yes, Etsy runs "tests" from time to time where they will experiment with how shoppers react to certain changes and the shop owners on Etsy think the disappearance of sold listings is one such test.

That means they could come back or they might be gone permanently. Unfortunately Etsy does not fill in the shop owners they just kind of change things when they see fit with no advance notice.

It is hugely frustrating, I too enjoyed looking at sold listings.

I did not know that!!! I hope they bring them back... it has to help with sales too :mrgreen2:

I’m in such good company with all of you. :mrgreen2: So glad I’m not alone! Also, we need a sticky with this link! =)2 I’ll check the iPad and computer later.

Thank you all so much!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of sold listings, am I the only one who thinks that these two look very similar?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/729637...izewinner-of-crd?show_sold_out_detail=1&frs=1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/708698...ing-setting-7mm?ref=shop_home_active_80&frs=1

Yes, the shape of center stone each is meant to hold is different, but the style of the halo is similar even though the Josephine has 2 stones between compass points and IvyandRose has 3, and only the IvyandRose one has pave on the band.

Sigh. :roll: At least the second design winner is still under wraps. I think they couldn’t do the tiny wings because it requires delicate work.

Someone has told me that the desktop version still has the sold listings.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. :roll: At least the second design winner is still under wraps.

Someone has told me that the desktop version still has the sold listings.

Nah, I saw the other design in her shop too. :P2

voce

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I saw both contest designs in her shop. It's just a little disappointing that one of the contest winners won with a design that doesn't look all that original. If I give the benefit of the doubt, maybe they also did a custom design with Ivyandrosevintage and Ivy and Rose is now mass producing?

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I saw both contest designs in her shop. It's just a little disappointing that one of the contest winners won with a design that doesn't look all that original. If I give the benefit of the doubt, maybe they also did a custom design with Ivyandrosevintage and Ivy and Rose is now mass producing?

Voce, I did that design months ago and definitely did not work with ivyandrose. They listed this a week after I received my ring. It’s clearly a blatant copy, since they share the same customers. Sorry for not being very original. :blackeye:

I was waiting to do a double post with the other design winner, but I see that was a mistake.

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Voce, I did that design months ago and definitely did not work with ivyandrose. They listed this a week after I received my ring. Sorry for not being very original. :blackeye:
Oh, I'm so sorry! Your ring definitely looked striking. Maybe it's just a coincidence, or they were inspired by you. Your amethyst ring looked delicious.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @voce. At one point, I accidentally insulted another PSer’s ring, too. :oops2: It happens.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I mean... I think that's a reasonably common design overall? It's definitely more original in terms of shapes/sizes on the Cecile Raley Designs one, but the general concept of the design has been seen for at least a hundred years so I wouldn't get bent out of shape about copying.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

I’m very disturbed by this thread. What bothers me most is that we are a consumer forum and we are very supportive of everyone’s designs and choices. So why bash some other consumer’s design for not being original enough. When I first saw the contest winners I felt both designs were fresh and new. This particular design impressed me because the “halo” is more rounded kite shape yet the center stone is oval.

Looking forward to more details about this ring... and of course pictures from every angle

And....I too have been annoyed by not being able to see the solds from my iphone. Happy t know the lack

voce

Ideal_Rock
They listed this a week after I received my ring. It’s clearly a blatant copy, since they share the same customers.
I'm sorry I got mixed up. I don't know how to see when listings are created, so I didn't know which came first. Please forgive me.:pray:

I was waiting to do a double post with the other design winner
I would love to see a double post. Do you know the other winner? I'd love to see your original sketches, too, since you mentioned certain details didn't make it to the final product?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see a double post. Do you know the other winner? I'd love to see your original sketches, too, since you mentioned certain details didn't make it to the final product?

Check this out. What a sketch! ( sorry to beat you to it @strawrose I’m just so I’m awe of your beautiful rendering of you design)

20239A32-726F-4BF5-A042-D3FE0A1880A4.jpeg DF147039-ADB3-4DA2-BA45-4EDCF2DC141A.png

Edited to correct typo

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I'm so sorry! Your ring definitely looked striking. Maybe it's just a coincidence, or they were inspired by you. Your amethyst ring looked delicious.

Check this out. What a sketch! ( sorry to beat you to it @strawrose I’m jus tso I’m awe of your beautiful rendering of you design)

20239A32-726F-4BF5-A042-D3FE0A1880A4.jpeg DF147039-ADB3-4DA2-BA45-4EDCF2DC141A.png

:oops2: Thank you guys for your encouragement. We will do the post soon. I forgave @voce and I love that PSers are a great group of people who know when to make up. The internet can get a lot worse!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Check this out. What a sketch! ( sorry to beat you to it @strawrose I’m just so I’m awe of your beautiful rendering of you design)

20239A32-726F-4BF5-A042-D3FE0A1880A4.jpeg
:whistle:that is indeed a beautiful rendering! You sketched so many interesting little details, I wish more of them made it to the final product! I'm impressed all around by your sketch, especially as you even drew the top facets of the gem, and I've never done that. I've only ever sketched out shapes and outlines, not engravings.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
:whistle:that is indeed a beautiful rendering! You sketched so many interesting little details, I wish more of them made it to the final product! I'm impressed all around by your sketch, especially as you even drew the top facets of the gem, and I've never done that. I've only ever sketched out shapes and outlines, not engravings.

Thanks! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results