shape
carat
color
clarity

Etsy Antique and Vintage Jewelry Vendors

lalasydneylala

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm a newbie to this forum, but have lurked here and there. I searched around and couldn't find any previous posts about Etsy vendors, so I'd thought I'd start one. I'm currently shopping for a vintage diamond engagement or opal cocktail ring. There are hundreds of stores on Etsy selling vintage jewelry, but it's hard to know who to trust and even where to find good stores! Please list stores you've had good experiences with and you've liked their work. Or link to stores/ products that you've had your eye on. (Unless you don't want someone else to buy it! :mrgreen: ) That's the downside of shopping vintage - once it's gone, the seller doesn't have another one!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the ring in my avatar from Gatsby Jewels - https://www.etsy.com/shop/GatsbyJewels and was really happy with their customer service. I also had my ring appraised locally and was very happy with the result. Will definitely purchase from Jade again! : :twirl:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I don't have any vendor suggestions, but I'm glad that you started this topic.
I look forward to seeing the vendors recommended, since I always love to browse pretty jewelry! :D

khn

Rough_Rock
I almost bought a vintage ring from etsy, I cancelled the order. If you are unsure if you should buy from etsy be sure to read the shop owners policies, etsy policies regarding customer disputes as well as search etsy customer complaints/disputes on web then decide whether etsy is for you. It wasn't for me. Hope that helps. :D

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
khn|1417621306|3794512 said:
I almost bought a vintage ring from etsy, I cancelled the order. If you are unsure if you should buy from etsy be sure to read the shop owners policies, etsy policies regarding customer disputes as well as search etsy customer complaints/disputes on web then decide whether etsy is for you. It wasn't for me. Hope that helps. :D

I think that's always the case when purchasing anything from anywhere online! I've wanted to purchase things from etsy in the past and been put off by the store's policies such as not their fault if it's lost in post, no returns, etc. And that was just for purchasing a t-shirt!

A quick google search revealed both of the jewellery sellers mentioned here so far have their own websites if you're keen to shop online rather than locally (I wish I had tons of great antique shops locally that weren't helluva expensive!) but want to avoid etsy.
www.addysvintage.co.uk
www.gatsbyjewellery.co.uk

khn

Rough_Rock
I had the same issues with etsy and their shops varying policies. I have purchased from rubylane, I like that they make all their shop owners adhere to their return and refund policies.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! I avoid Ruby Lane because of the restocking fees most sellers seem to have. I had my eye on a ring which was very expensive (for me!). It was a return for any reason within 3 days but had a 10% restocking fee. I'm in Europe where online sellers have to give 2 weeks and no restocking fees so it seemed so high. Very few Ruby Lane shops I've been checking out recently have no restocking fees. Do you have any recommendations?

khn

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a ring yesterday during their site wide tag sale but won't have it for 2 weeks because its from England to the U.S. I just make sure to click onto the store policies and scroll to restocking fees. I don't buy from stores with restocking fees because you can't see it in person and you have to spend around $20 in postage to ship it back to them if you do return it. I have a local estate jeweler that I buy more expensive pieces from but if I like something from rubylane it has to be a deal for me to factor the cost that I might have to ship it back. Also always email the shop before you buy and ask about condition of the piece. You really get a feel for the kind of shop owner they are. Hope that helps :razz:

khn

Rough_Rock
I just realized you might be from England so I'll post the vendor if the ring turns out to be as nice as the pictures.

CoreyMax

Rough_Rock
ricezo|1416697078|3788674 said:
I bought the ring in my avatar from Gatsby Jewels - https://www.etsy.com/shop/GatsbyJewels and was really happy with their customer service. I also had my ring appraised locally and was very happy with the result. Will definitely purchase from Jade again! : :twirl:

The link is very helpful ... thanks a lot

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Glad I could help Corey! Make sure you post lots of pics if you buy anything!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I enjoy perusing both RubyLane and Etsy. I read all the profiles and description of each store and also correspond to the sellers if I am interested in a piece to find out more about an item. I like this vendor on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Franziska?ref=shop_sugg and find the seller quite responsive to all my emails (mine you I sent so many correspondence and she has always responded within the same day, few minutes/hours and layaways are accepted, read policy description) The other shop I also recommend on RubyLane is: http://www.rubylane.com/shop/tanyastreasures.. I have had good interactions with both shops.

Wolfrott

Rough_Rock
Good idea!

I sometimes source from Etsy, and Ruby Lane. Had one bad experience in Etsy in which the seller refused to sell me the antique good emerald ring, FIVE DAYS after she accepted my money. Claimed it was sold already.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Etsy - we bought my engagement ring from these guys who also sell on RubyLane, Ebay and I think have their own B&M store too. Wilson Brothers. They were great to deal with and very accomodating - I needed the ring held until a friend could pick it up for me since I'm in NZ and the costs of sending things here with the appropriate insurance is ridiculous.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the ring in my avatar from Gold Adore on etsy, there are more pictures in my thread in the Show Me the Bling forum. They also have some items on Ruby Lane and another web store, but most of the business appears to be on etsy. Gillian, the shop owner, has been very good to deal with!

LoveRed

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello! I'm a newbie to this forum, but have lurked here and there. I searched around and couldn't find any previous posts about Etsy vendors, so I'd thought I'd start one. I'm currently shopping for a vintage diamond engagement or opal cocktail ring. There are hundreds of stores on Etsy selling vintage jewelry, but it's hard to know who to trust and even where to find good stores! Please list stores you've had good experiences with and you've liked their work. Or link to stores/ products that you've had your eye on. (Unless you don't want someone else to buy it! :mrgreen: ) That's the downside of shopping vintage - once it's gone, the seller doesn't have another one!
Topshelftampa

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results