shape
carat
color
clarity

Ethiopian Black Opal received…. Finally….

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, my delivery finally arrived. With Covid here in Sydney mail deliveries are few and far between it seems.
As mentioned in other threads I have “a bit” of a problem with Opals, I just love them and can’t stop buying them.
There is a seller on eBay Milano Jewelery who now has me as a frequent buyer. Shhhh, don’t tell DH.
The jewellery is in silver and sort of great Fashion jewellery standard, not like “fine” jewellery. The gems are natural ie not glass or CZ but I suspect treated within an inch of their life! For the price point, that’s fine in my opinion.
Ive bought a few of the “white” Ethiopian opal rings and been well pleased with my purchases. I decided to try out their Black Ethiopian opal. Black Ethiopian opal is a lot rarer but due to the hydrophane nature of the gem it is possible to introduce “black” into the opal. Whether or not this is the case with my black Ethiopian opal I don’t care to test, as it will wreck the opal.
My thoughts, in low light ie inside the opal is meh. very little colour play. However add a bit of brighter light and Woo Hoo.
The halo gems are sapphire (treated I presume) and the silver setting has been blackened as well.
If you want to try Milano Jewellery for yourself, they have lots and lots of auctions. I try and get mine as only bidder. Just carefully review the rings, some are a lot better than others. Shipping seems to slow (from Thailand) here to Australia it’s taking up to 6 weeks.
5BD7533D-971F-42F9-BC6F-2B5A04E104DC.jpeg 8F91A1BF-46B5-4F3F-919A-839D6816B67C.jpeg F1A86CFD-E5D8-4F11-8071-3E3BD8F2F95D.jpeg 20F204D8-2CB8-4A19-BFBE-3C844A16DE29.jpeg 4F28F6E0-F971-40C5-87B7-EDAC1A9C96E4.jpeg

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Oh my :kiss2:…..off to check out Milano!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and festive! She makes me want to party.❤

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
So much fun!!!!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Loooooove it!

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty Opal!

While there is some natural black Welo Opal, by far most production of black Ethiopian Opal is from the Stayish mine in the Wollo province (same province of Welo Opal), but Stayish mine Opal is non-hydrophane. It does not absorb liquids but has all the toughness Welo Opal is noted for.

Stayish mine also produce some clear crystal Opal & whitish Opal.

If the Opal is smoked, this is a permanent process that normally goes all the way through the Opal. Of course, dyed is not permanent.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty Opal!

While there is some natural black Welo Opal, by far most production of black Ethiopian Opal is from the Stayish mine in the Wollo province (same province of Welo Opal), but Stayish mine Opal is non-hydrophane. It does not absorb liquids but has all the toughness Welo Opal is noted for.

Stayish mine also produce some clear crystal Opal & whitish Opal.

If the Opal is smoked, this is a permanent process that normally goes all the way through the Opal. Of course, dyed is not permanent.

Thanks. For the price I wouldnt be surprised if it was treated in some way as I know natural Welo black opal is rare and expensive.
For what it is, a $100 ring, it’s very very pretty and I’m very happy with it for the price.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, my delivery finally arrived. With Covid here in Sydney mail deliveries are few and far between it seems.
As mentioned in other threads I have “a bit” of a problem with Opals, I just love them and can’t stop buying them.
There is a seller on eBay Milano Jewelery who now has me as a frequent buyer. Shhhh, don’t tell DH.
The jewellery is in silver and sort of great Fashion jewellery standard, not like “fine” jewellery. The gems are natural ie not glass or CZ but I suspect treated within an inch of their life! For the price point, that’s fine in my opinion.
Ive bought a few of the “white” Ethiopian opal rings and been well pleased with my purchases. I decided to try out their Black Ethiopian opal. Black Ethiopian opal is a lot rarer but due to the hydrophane nature of the gem it is possible to introduce “black” into the opal. Whether or not this is the case with my black Ethiopian opal I don’t care to test, as it will wreck the opal.
My thoughts, in low light ie inside the opal is meh. very little colour play. However add a bit of brighter light and Woo Hoo.
The halo gems are sapphire (treated I presume) and the silver setting has been blackened as well.
If you want to try Milano Jewellery for yourself, they have lots and lots of auctions. I try and get mine as only bidder. Just carefully review the rings, some are a lot better than others. Shipping seems to slow (from Thailand) here to Australia it’s taking up to 6 weeks.
5BD7533D-971F-42F9-BC6F-2B5A04E104DC.jpeg 8F91A1BF-46B5-4F3F-919A-839D6816B67C.jpeg F1A86CFD-E5D8-4F11-8071-3E3BD8F2F95D.jpeg 20F204D8-2CB8-4A19-BFBE-3C844A16DE29.jpeg 4F28F6E0-F971-40C5-87B7-EDAC1A9C96E4.jpeg

Wow !
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous with a great play of colour. It may not have been expensive but it definitely packs a punch!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a fun ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results