shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity ring concern

svetlana84

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I'm deciding whether to go with 4 round stones or 5 round stones where each stone is 0.30ct.

My worry is that with 5 it might be uncomfortable for the surrounding fingers in this carat size????

Trying rings at the shop hasn't helped, they don't have the stones in this size.

Thank-you

5555.jpg

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Svetlana. What is your ring size? I have a five stone with .25 carat diamonds and I don't have any rubbing or discomfort. I wear a size 6.5. I wouldn't go larger than that for a five stone for myself as I worry that I would end up with some rubbing. Mine is a fairly low set u-prong. I guess it depends on the setting as well.

svetlana84

Rough_Rock
I'm a 6.5 also. Would it be possible for you to take a close hand shot of that ring?

thx

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plenty of people here have .30 five stone rings and I am sure some have smaller fingers than 6.5. I know MGR has 5 40 point stones and her finger is within the average range, I believe. The key to comfort is the setting. It needs to be very low to the finger.

Is this going to be a stand alone ring? Because I do think 30 pointers are too large to wear with an engagement ring.

This link shows MGR's 5 stone ring with 30 pointers. She ended up changing it to 40 pointers later, but this will show you the size you are interested in.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-chased-down-the-ups-man-and-look-what-i-got.39183/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-chased-down-the-ups-man-and-look-what-i-got.39183/[/URL]

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
hi! before I got my eternity band I had a 5 stone band with .40 pointers- i had it made based on a memoire, SUPER low and it was incredibly comfy. I am a size 4.75 but I had it made in a size 5. I only have one pic left from when I had it- hope this helps! And here is the inspiration I used for how low to make it.

excited for your new beautiful piece!

1274669_10101874865062244_2047743843_o.jpg

_38586.jpg

Bling it on

Rough_Rock
I have a 5 stone with 25 pointers and it provides plenty of finger coverage! My finger is a 4.75 and the ring is set medium high so I probably couldn't go with any bigger stones or they would rub against adjacent fingers. The profile is beautiful though, so it was worth having it set a bit higher!
If you had it set super low, you could easily go with 30 pointers. What's your ring size?
I was tempted to go with 4 stones too but many people warned me an even number of stones would look odd.

20141004_175451_zps4beb4711.jpg

5stone2_0.jpg

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Snapped a couple of pics this morning. Hope this helps.

img_0057_0.jpg

img_0055.jpg

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The top one's a bit blurry. I'll try to get a better one. These are .25 carats. If the setting was lower then .30 would probably be fine.

img_0058.jpg

svetlana84

Rough_Rock
thank-you for all your replies. :angel:

P

PierreBear

Hello! I have a 5 stone 0.4ct that I wear as a RHR. With a finger size of 4.25 on my RH, I was worried about comfort as well. I think the main vendors like Whiteflash and BG have made enough rings to understand placement of the diamonds where it wouldn't affect your adjacent fingers. If you look on the profile view (sorry for the uneven line), you will see that the diamonds start above the halfway mark. When I wear my ring, the diamonds appear to just wrap around the finger and doesn't bother my middle or pinky unless I'm purposely moving my fingers up and down like if you are playing a piano. I hope this helps somewhat and believe that this really should't be much of an issue! Good luck and can't wait to see the finished product!

_1509.png

capture1.png

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. I just noticed that your original post was asking about size and also whether you should go with 4 or 5 stone ring. Re the number of stones in the ring, I'd definitely say 5. Classic stone settings tend to be odd numbers of stones (3 stone. 5 stone etc) because groups of odd number items look better than even numbers for some reason. Same reason that garnish on desserts etc tends to be in odd numbers. Thats my random trivia fact over!

Dakota

Rough_Rock
For the comfort factor I would say that it comes down to the size of your fingers. Maybe make the fifth set in the middle and smaller than the others?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results