shape
carat
color
clarity

ETERNITY BANDS - Claw Prongs vs Round Prongs

raw4

Rough_Rock
I am currently designing a 0.15 point emerald eternity band, and I want the prongs to be the least noticeable, while still being secure. My jeweler suggested using claw prongs, but did not have any pictures with the claw prongs on an emerald stone (posted below on a cushion eternity band). Does anyone have an emerald band with claw prongs? Or even one with round prongs? The total carat weight will be about 3.5 carats. The band he sent is around 5 carats and with round prongs.

Below are some images my jeweler sent (he's in NYC and we're in Dallas, so not able to see in person), but he made my engagement ring (also attached) from pictures/descriptions and it was EXACTLY what i envisioned.

DSC02765.JPG Band125.JPG DSC00490.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever can result in the smallest amount of metal showing.

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
I have claw prongs on my princess eternity band and they do catch on fabric. I also have a round and baguette bar set eternity ring that has very little metal and does not snag.

raw4

Rough_Rock
IMG_0445.JPG This is a photo of my eternity band with claw prongs. I prefer claw rather than round.

STUNNING band! Thanks for sharing.

I have claw prongs on my princess eternity band and they do catch on fabric. I also have a round and baguette bar set eternity ring that has very little metal and does not snag.

I agree on that! My engagement ring has claw prongs and snags on a lot of things. I have learned to live with it :)

raw4

Rough_Rock
Another suggestion... triangular prongs. Best of both worlds (least amount of metal+not snagging fabric) :saint::wavey:
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG

Thanks for sharing!! who knew there were so many different types of prongs... :confused:

raw4

Rough_Rock
Still looking for anyone with an emerald eternity band to post a picture on the finger. Any prong type! Bonus if it has claw prong. TIA :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING band! Thanks for sharing.

I agree on that! My engagement ring has claw prongs and snags on a lot of things. I have learned to live with it :)

Well-shaped and well-set claws shouldn’t snag.

I can run my ring (with claws) by Erika Winters through my long hair, over knit sweaters - no problems with snagging.

Claw prong settings from Victor Canera and Diamonds by Lauren also gave me no trouble.

Q

Queenie60

Well-shaped and well-set claws shouldn’t snag.

I can run my ring (with claws) by Erika Winters through my long hair, over knit sweaters - no problems with snagging.

Claw prong settings from Victor Canera and Diamonds by Lauren also gave me no trouble.
I agree with @yssie - I wear my eternity band daily and have never had a problem with snagging.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results