shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band update

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

this has been so crazy. I posted about getting an eternity band several weeks ago, ordered in my size and it fit too small. Jeweler adjusted it, and now it fits over knuckle but its slightly too big now. I will post pics soon. It is wearable. and thankfully it goes on, unlike before but now I just feel like its big on my finger and moving around a decent bit. I don't know if I can expect the jeweler has much more he can do about it. I guess this was the hazard of working with someone out of state though looks wise the piece is perfection.

the ring is beautiful. but with a bigger band it does actually feel kind of frustrating to be bigger. any solutions in your mind? I will post soon. And I don't want to sound ungrateful it is beautiful, its just fitting right is important too. its not very big but enough to be a little frustrating. Any thoughts to fix this? I guess im a perfectionist so frustrating if its not just right.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do sizing beads help make it smaller or does it just help prevent spinning? Thanks!

Or a ‘speed bump’ type thing. I would have him add sizing beads, it will be harder again to get over the knuckle though but will fit tighter/better and hold still nicely once on...bummer. Sorry.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Or a ‘speed bump’ type thing. I would have him add sizing beads, it will be harder again to get over the knuckle though but will fit tighter/better and hold still nicely once on...bummer. Sorry.

Ok thank you. I’m going to look into this. I wonder if best to have done w a local jeweler as they can see the fit issue in person.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kimf79 Yes, it’s family straight forward as far as adding them. Best to have someone good measure you too! Good luck. I do hope it works out for you. It’s a beautiful ring! Come back and show us!

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
@kimf79 Yes, it’s family straight forward as far as adding them. Best to have someone good measure you too! Good luck. I do hope it works out for you. It’s a beautiful ring! Come back and show us!

Yes I will post pics soon. Just will check in with jeweler and see if he thinks it ok to work with someone local on that! I hope I can get it fitting just right! ;-)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry you are going through this. I totally feel your pain as I've had similar experiences. Sizing beads are a bit tricky as, like the other poster said, they will then make the ring difficult to get on and off again :(
I'm honestly not sure what the solution is as I've had my fair share of ring fit issues. If nothing else, know that you aren't the only person who has dealt with this.
I will put good thoughts out there in the universe that they will be able to make this work for you!!!

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry you are going through this. I totally feel your pain as I've had similar experiences. Sizing beads are a bit tricky as, like the other poster said, they will then make the ring difficult to get on and off again :(
I'm honestly not sure what the solution is as I've had my fair share of ring fit issues. If nothing else, know that you aren't the only person who has dealt with this.
I will put good thoughts out there in the universe that they will be able to make this work for you!!!

Ugh it’s so frustrating! My e ring and bands fit me perfectly! So I’ve just not expected this. I asked the jeweler what size it is now and he just said we opened it up slightly so I don’t even know what size I’m dealing with. It’s probably a fraction of a size too big. I’m curious about speed bumps vs. sizing beads. Maybe that’s a better option. I think whatever it is needs to be done very carefully consodering I only need a very small adjustment

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless the ring is easily sliding over your knuckle, I wouldn't worry about it. My rings all move around under my knuckle a bit but it's just the shape of my ring finger. The only thing to be done is adding sizing beads, and I personally prefer to go without and just let them slide around a bit.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the weather like where you are now @kimf79?

My rings are also normally slightly too large - I prefer them that way: they're comfortable in very hot weather, and in cold weather I can stack them for a tighter fit.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Unless the ring is easily sliding over your knuckle, I wouldn't worry about it. My rings all move around under my knuckle a bit but it's just the shape of my ring finger. The only thing to be done is adding sizing beads, and I personally prefer to go without and just let them slide around a bit.

No its not sliding over my knuckle. I don't think theres a worry of it falling off. it just feels loose and since its a thicker band it feels more noticeable being big between my fingers.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
What's the weather like where you are now @kimf79?

My rings are also normally slightly too large - I prefer them that way: they're comfortable in very hot weather, and in cold weather I can stack them for a tighter fit.

well this is my summer so i worry how it would be in cold weather when fingers may shrink a little. :( i am going to ask if jeweler recommends i do anything or not and see what he says.

yeah prob better somewhat loose though than tight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results