shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band super ideal diamonds

JinJean

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone interested in a half eternity (with round diamonds) for my wedding band. Wondered whether it is worthwhile getting an eternity with super ideal diamonds, e.g. from BG or WF, vs just getting one from a local jeweler? Does it make a difference to the 'sparkle' of the band? Or can you really not tell with diamonds that small?

Thanks in advance!:dance:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hypermom has some super ideal bands— or at least the luxe melee from the high performance diamond bench (Wink)

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Yes I love them! Thanks @whitewave for mentioning. I’m on a cruise that doesn’t seem to have an end date—courtesy of the Florida hurricane. We are hoping to dock on Wednesday September 4, 2 days after original end on Labor Day.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I love them! Thanks @whitewave for mentioning. I’m on a cruise that doesn’t seem to have an end date—courtesy of the Florida hurricane. We are hoping to dock on Wednesday September 4, 2 days after original end on Labor Day.

OMG I forgot you were on a cruise! Free cruise days lol. I leave in less than 2 weeks. Good luck, are the seas rough?

JinJean

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. I've no doubt the super ideal eternity bands are amazing! How do they compare to non super ideal bands? I guess that's my main question. I've been told tiny diamonds sparkle beautifully anyway!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys. I've no doubt the super ideal eternity bands are amazing! How do they compare to non super ideal bands? I guess that's my main question. I've been told tiny diamonds sparkle beautifully anyway!
I can't speak to super ideal bands, but can certainly tell you that cut/clarity matters, even in tiny stones. For example, way before PS, I bought a wedding band at Kays (:sick::sick:), thinking that it wasn't worth paying extra $ to go to the nicer jeweler for such small stones. Ugh I was horribly wrong. Compared to the stones in my engagement ring (bought from the nicer jeweler), the one from Kay's consistently looked dark, dead, and horrible.

So I can definitely say DO NOT buy anything (even a band with tiny stones) from "maul" jewelers. That said, a "super ideal" band may not look noticeably different than one from a fine jeweler (e.g. good old gold, diamonds by lauren, ID Jewelry), who use very high quality stones but not necessarily H&A perfection for bands.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs can we see a photo of your rings? I would love to!

As for the super ideal for bands, is your center stone a super ideal? If so, I would say you should go with super ideal on the band in same color as Center diamond.

If not super ideal center stone, get side stones of matching color to center diamond. Also, make sure the stones in band all have similar face up appearance for a cohesive aesthetic.

JinJean

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs can we see a photo of your rings? I would love to!

As for the super ideal for bands, is your center stone a super ideal? If so, I would say you should go with super ideal on the band in same color as Center diamond.

If not super ideal center stone, get side stones of matching color to center diamond. Also, make sure the stones in band all have similar face up appearance for a cohesive aesthetic.

Yes it's a super ideal princess cut. I think I will go with a super ideal band! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results