shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity band questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So after much research, agonizing, mind-changing, more agonizing, posting here... I finally ordered my eternity e-ring/wedding band matching set from Signed Pieces! It''s from the facets collection and it''s the duo set that''s one of their "flush fit" settings. I was torn between Whiteflash''s sets (either the 3/4 or full eternity) and Signed Pieces. My hubby really liked the look of the full eternity better, and I didn''t really have a preference--I could see pros and cons to both, so I ordered the full eternity bands. SP''s prices were fantastic and I''ve been so impressed with them so far. I''m a little nervous since I''ve never had those before. I have a right hand ring that has pave on the bands, but it only runs a little over halfway down each side and the diamonds are small.

Anyway, for those of you that have full eternities, do the undersides get really dirty really quickly? Do you feel like you are extra careful when picking anything up or grabbing anything with that hand? I''m used to having metal there and of course, it occasionally gets a little scratched but no big deal. I know diamonds are harder, and Isaac said any time someone orders the set, he has the metal on the prongs come up just a hair higher so that diamond doesn''t rub against diamond on the 2 bands.

By the way, Isaac is amazing! He was so patient in answering my questions and assured me that I''ll love the rings and if I don''t, I can send them back no problem. So I figure I have nothing to loose! And their price was simply unbeatable. I''m having them put a different head on the e-ring for my 3/4 carat princess stone. Isaac had me look at a head on their web site that has a little gallery under the stone and he said he thought that would look really pretty with the v-prong on top. The gallery makes it a little more interesting looking instead of just having 4 prongs come up from the corners.

I should get the rings in 3-4 weeks and once they''re here, I''ll have my center stone set by a local jeweler. I cannot wait to see them! For those of you with eternity bands, I''d love any words of wisdom you''d be willing to offer!

Thanks to PS for all the incredible feedback I''ve gotten!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katiedid, congrats on ordering your rings--they''re going to be gorgeous!

I have an eternity band and I find that it gets dirty, but probably more from the stones being touched by the fingers on either side that anything else. (The magic of an ultrasonic cleaner will take care of this problem every morning though!) Also, I don''t think of the ring in terms of a "bottom" because it turns on my finger so the same stones aren''t always taking the brunt of whatever I''m doing. Even if it doesn''t move around much on your finger, just by virtue of putting it on every day different stones will end up on the top/bottom. (Does that make any sense, LOL?) And I am careful of doing things or picking stuff up, but I''m also careful with my regular (non-eternity) ring, so maybe that''s just become a habit over time.

Can''t wait to see pics of your gorgeous set!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I''ll post before and after shots for sure!
I thought ultrasonic cleaners were a no-no? Do they jar stones loose?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Hi, my eternity does not seem to collect too much stuff. I even made a meatloaf with it on last night! I occasionally take a soft toothbrush and dawn soap and go around the sides all around and back, and rinse in hot water. I've used an ultrasonic, too, without any problems. As far as worrying about how to hold things, I do take care when grabbing solid things--but over time this has become second nature. Also have to watch it when throwing water on my face...
2.gif
But, really, it is a so easy to care for. And..I never have to worry about anything spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results