shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band is ruining my e-ring, please help!

jennmae01

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I used to be an avid lurker on these forums back when my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I were looking to purchase my engagement ring and wedding band. We spent endless hours pouring over posts and reviews on these forums, and eventually ended up selecting a “Diamonds for an Eternity” wedding set and an ACA center stone from Whiteflash. I have been SO happy with the brilliance, quality, and durability of the set thus far and have racked up more compliments than I could have ever imagined.

Unfortunately after 4+ years of wearing my e-ring and wedding band together, the diamonds on my wedding band have worn away the prongs on my e-ring significantly. I am now concerned about the integrity of the e-ring and worry that I will eventually end up losing my center stone. I don’t want to solder the rings together, as I wear my wedding band solo when I sleep, do yard work, or any other activities that have the potential to damage my e-ring. I also don’t want to wear a spacer, as I prefer the look of solid diamonds—a huge factor in why we selected this setting in the first place. Is this a common problem with this type of setting? A few of my friends have very similar settings and none of them have the same problem, as the prongs for their center stones are set up high enough that the two don’t rub against each other. I don’t remember reading about this problem when researching for my set, nor was the potential for this problem mentioned (to our recollection) by anyone at Whiteflash. Is this perhaps a design flaw in my particular piece? I absolutely love my ring and don’t want anything to happen to it. I am afraid to wear my e-ring at all anymore! Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
It is a common problem. Unfortunately, the common solution suggested here is usually a thin spacer. If you're against that, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Usually the complaint on here is about damaging other stones or the band, but as you said, it appears your prongs are low enough to rub against your wedding band, which isn't always the case, but is a significant problem! I'd also be nervous about losing your main stone! Make sure you take it in to be checked and/or fixed to ensure that doesn't happen.

I wouldn't solder either - I like the option to not always wear them together. Maybe some of the experts have a suggestion on how to fix this outside of the spacer solution...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very common. I also would not solder. I prefer a band in between. Try on some different styles of plain bands and you might find that you like the look. Lots of people wear 3 bands!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree it's common. I'd either solder so you can keep the all diamonds look when wearing the set and get another band to wear for sleeping, yard work etc. or get the tiny spacer. Unfortunately there really isn't any other good options. :((

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
since you like the look of solid diamonds maybe you could get a really thin channel set diamond band as a spacer. It would have to sit lower than the girdles of the diamonds on your eternity band but that shouldn't be too difficult. You should also have the prongs repaired on you e-ring. Here is an example from Leon Mege this one is only 2mm wide, about the width of a normal spacer.

http://artofplatinum.com/vault/inde...&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1114&Itemid=1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results