shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Estimating old European and old miner cut Diamonds.

Discussion in 'FAQ' started by stonehead, Mar 20, 2012.

1. stonehead
    Rough_Rock
    Trade

by stonehead » Mar 20, 2012
    Im new to this forum, but I have been in the Jewelry business for decades. My question is how to you estimate the the weight of old european and miner cut Diamonds when they are paved in a setting without access to the depth. What magic formula is there?
    Thanks

2. king
    Rough_Rock

by king » Mar 21, 2012
    hi there im dont no myself
    but have you tryed youtube for the answser for this one there are a lot of good stuff on there

also you may be able to help me as im compleatly new to this
    i have a braclet not your normal type i belive it may be the missing one i see along time ago one a tv program about
    royals and see this braclet on the wrist of a royal in the painting

the story goes this braclet was used as a payment method ie you push out one of the stones to pay back in thoses
    days anyway her and her husbane where to escape and payment to the boatman was stones from the braclet
    the braclet whet missing and no one knows what happened to the royals
    this is as far as i can remember
    belive they may have been scotish

please can you help by senting this email to anyone how could help as in realy exsperts or some one how remembers
    the names or full story note this jewellry is is not the normal types so the blue stone are cut back in the way
    they did then so needs a real exspert please help
    the braclet must be famouse and some one knows the story
    thank you from
    from don