shape
carat
color
clarity

Estate Gold Necklace want to sell, help on how please

edteach

Rough_Rock
I have had this in my family for years. Got it from an inheritance after my Dad passed and my Wife does not really want to wear it. My Mother had a lot of costume jewelry and some jewelry handed down over the years. My wife has picked out what she likes and will use, and this is one of those pieces that is solid gold but she does not really like it. I want to sell or trade it for gold or silver bullion but don't know how to not get ripped off. We live in North West Arkansas. So around the Bentonville area. I know enough not to go to any pawn shops. When I lived in Florida in Punta Gorda there was a shop Westchester gold and jewelry. Steve was great. Very honest. He did a quick appraisal at around 1500 dollars. Any options or ideas would be helpful. DSC00264.JPG DSC00265.JPG

edteach

Rough_Rock
I took it into a jeweler today, they said it was solid gold, not a necklace but a Victorian watch fob. They said no real value but for gold. He said if I want gold bullion I may as well just keep it.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
You could try to sell it through Pricescope or Loupetroop. A lot of people on here collect these types of things. I've seen people buying watch fobs on here and making it into necklaces.

edteach

Rough_Rock
I will get my scales out for weighing mail and see how much gold there there is.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, if you want to list on Loupe Troop, don’t forget to include the length of the chain part, the gold weight and a photo of the hallmark (s).
It won’t be pure gold ie 24kt, it will have a mark saying (for eg) 9kt or 9ct (or 14, 18 or 22) the assay mark could also be as 375, 585 or 750.
Normally a pawn shop or jeweller will only give you scrap gold weight, whereas a person who wants a nice chain will pay probably up to 20% more. So work out the value according to the gold content and grams (you can find out current scrap gold value from say www.silverrecyclers.com) and price it accordingly.
Obviously there are other marketplaces like eBay or an Auction House for selling, but they charge commission / fees to sell it for you. Loupe Troop is free. PayPal however, also charges the seller a fee, about 3% if your buyer pays that way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results