shape
carat
color
clarity

Ergo Baby Carrier Question...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
For anyone that owns one...it looks like there are different ones to choose from? I saw one on BabySteals today for $75 and it is the Ergo Baby Options Carrier so it has panels you can switch in and out to switch out the color. I really could care less about the color switch out, but what i wanted to know is if the carrier itself is the same as the "original" Ergo carrier? And if so, is that a good price? I'm in no rush, but I know I want to get one. Also, when worn in front of you...can the baby be worn facing outward? Or only facing you? Any comments or feedback would be appreciated!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an older model so can only answer questions based on that...

The baby can't face outward, only inward. And in the older models, if you want to use it with an infant, you need the infant insert, which was extra at the time.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It's been a few months since I bought our Ergo (which is still in the box), but saw the babysteals Ergo today and was wondering if it was a new "model". I think that the options carrier is literally just designed so you can change the designs. Other than that, it looks like the standard model--I think you'd still need to buy the infant insert separately and the baby can only be worn facing you (as TGal said).

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE my Ergo! Like TGal, mine is also older (from 2009), and I know they've made updates to it since then. One of the differences with mine is that the sleeping hood is attached to the carrier and isn't removable. Also, I know they've made the material in a more breathable, lighter one. Not sure if that helps you or not.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info guys! I ended up passing on this one, but I am going to keep my eye on Baby Steals for one without the different color inserts. So it looks like you have to buy an infant insert either way from what I can gather. I need to get one of these though. I had registered for the Chicco one with my son and it just was not comfortable at all. Thanks for the imput!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Actually, according to what other people have said, you don't need the infant insert- a rolled up towel or receiving blanket will do the trick.

Having said that, I've used both the old and the new infant inserts and like the new one much better. Be prepared to know that it's pretty bulky though. When my son was too big for the insert, I took out the pillow part and just shoved it under his butt for him to sit on.

RyanRon

Rough_Rock
Where can I find a free pattern for baby carriers?

I'm looking for a pattern to make a baby carrier.
I would like a sling type one but I'm looking for anything I can use for a newborn. Please tell me where can get free pattern for baby carriers? Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results