shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD OMB Cushion Halo Masterpiece

JulesT

Rough_Rock
Hi, I wanted to show everyone my 30th anniversary present, a 2.50 Old Mine Brilliant stone (H , VS1) set in an ERD hand-forged HW style setting. The stone is 8.41 x 7.51 x 5.14mm, GIA, polish and symmetry Very Good. 50% table, 68.4% depth, large culet. The setting contains .72 of round brilliant diamonds, and includes two small “secret” sapphires inside the shank (the sapphires are to commemorate our two wonderful sons…I tried to capture them in the pictures). The size is 5.75.

Both the stone and setting were purchased from ERD. I discovered Mark when I came across the magnificent ring he created for KristyDarling:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nd-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd.174860/

I had the chance to visit Mark in NY, and had two stones to choose from. After settling on this one, Mark and I discussed the setting. I requested that the ring be set like KristyDarling’s, but with sapphires in the band. A couple of weeks later…voila, my treasure was on the way.

A few words about Mark. Mark is an outstanding professional. He really knows his stuff and was great at calmly steering us through what could have been a nervewracking process. He is extremely…warm and trustworthy, and not the least bit pushy. As soon as we met him, we knew that we were in good hands. My husband and I were slightly wary going in, as we had a terrible buying experience a few years ago (not with a PS vendor, though). Mark just inspires confidence. He was also very accessible and responsive, answering emails/returning calls promptly, even after I received the ring. It’s too big (I was sized locally), and Mark has graciously offered to size it. I’m so impressed by his follow through.

As to the ring: it is EXQUISITE! The setting is just lovely, and very strong. My favorite part is how delicate the setting is (the shank is 1.88 mm), yet the stone looks very substantial in the halo (Mark calls the halo a “decoration”). I agonized over whether to halo it or not, and I’m glad I did. The twinkling halo gives the ring a great presence and makes it appear a lot bigger (it IS a lot bigger; the frame measures 11.3 x 10.2 mm). The ring is very highly polished and beautifully crafted. I’ve gotten more compliments than I can count. I’ve been wearing it alone on my left hand (with a bandaid for sizing), and fielding questions about when I’m getting married (funny to me, since it’s been 30 years)!

A number of pictures are below. We aren’t great photographers, and the pictures don’t really capture just how gorgeous and wonderfully crafted the ring is (or the beauty of the stone). It is simply beautiful. I very strongly recommend Mark and would go back to him for future purchases without any hesitation (31st anniversary, anyone?). It appears that you just can’t go wrong with ERD. Thank you, Mark! And thanks to PS for serving as such a terrific resource.

img_1135.jpg

img_1131.jpg

img_1130.jpg

img_1121.jpg

JulesT

Rough_Rock
Here's one more picture:

img_1126.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is pure perfection! Congrats!!! :appl:

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
That piece is so beautiful! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely gorgeous!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: GORGEOUS! :love:
Jules - you have a stunning ring and stone there! Congratulations on 30 years together - that's amazing in itself, let alone a bonus ring on top of it!! :appl:

Love the pictures - keep posting - sun/no sun/Loew's/Grocery store/backyard - can't get tired of looking at that beauty!

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Yummy!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
Love the pictures - keep posting - sun/no sun/Loew's/Grocery store/backyard - can't get tired of looking at that beauty!
I second this motion!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jules! :wavey:

We need more pictures!!!! :love:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your 30th anniversary, my dear ring sister!!! 8) Your setting and amazing stone are just stunning (though of course I'm a teeny bit biased!) and I love the symbolic sapphires in the band. Wish I had thought of that! ::) It was cool to see a more squarish OMB in this setting - mine is very rectangular and as much as I love my ring, yours makes me crave a squarer OMB! So classic. And I know exactly what you mean by the halo adding that special "something". For a little while I had contemplated NOT halo-ing my stone, which would've also been beautiful but in a different way. In the end, I felt that having the very delicate halo adds a subtle, elegant touch without being over the top or showy. Don't those dainty, happy little sparkles framing the stone just make your heart SING? :love:

I too would love to see more photos, especially hand shots from further away! And I know what you mean by the photos not conveying the true beauty -- I feel the same way! It's completely different (more stupendous, hehe!) in person. In photos, the halo always look super-prominent, but IRL it's really very subtle - the center stone is unmistakably the star of the show. I'm SO glad you love it -- wear it in good health, and I 100% agree that your 31st anniversary definitely calls for more celebratory sparkles!! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results