shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD Noel or Emily - thoughts?

malish985

Shiny_Rock
I'm interested in either the Emily or Noel, but making the melee 2 pointers vs about 1.5 that they currently are. I've been reading about their superb quality, but also don't know what a fair price for CAD setting would be. The melee would be the H-I color as my center 2+RB is a J. I was given a quote but don't know if it would be appropriate to post here. What do you think an appropriate price for something like I'm discussing, in platinum and in 18K. When is a CAD price "too high" ?

I've also requested a quote for a Gabriel and Co setting with the same size melee, VS2 quality.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ERD's pricing is generally better than most other Pricescope CAD/cast vendors, in addition (from what I've gathered because I have not worked with all the vendors but a few) to having better metal workmanship as well. When embarking on a project, I solicitate quotes from at least 3 vendors so I'll know what is the average or reasonable pricing for that particular design.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1352228327|3299959 said:
ERD's pricing is generally better than most other Pricescope CAD/cast vendors, in addition (from what I've gathered because I have not worked with all the vendors but a few) to having better metal workmanship as well. When embarking on a project, I solicitate quotes from at least 3 vendors so I'll know what is the average or reasonable pricing for that particular design.
Who else would you suggest I contact that does comparable CAD work to ERD? Please and thank you

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash
IDJ

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
BGD, but I guarantee their pricing will be highest.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
malish985|1352226772|3299937 said:
I'm interested in either the Emily or Noel, but making the melee 2 pointers vs about 1.5 that they currently are. I've been reading about their superb quality, but also don't know what a fair price for CAD setting would be. The melee would be the H-I color as my center 2+RB is a J. I was given a quote but don't know if it would be appropriate to post here. What do you think an appropriate price for something like I'm discussing, in platinum and in 18K. When is a CAD price "too high" ?

I've also requested a quote for a Gabriel and Co setting with the same size melee, VS2 quality.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

H/I melee won't make a difference - tiny stones like that perform differently and that difference in optics, not actual body colour, is what makes melee look brighter and whiter than larger stones. If you want to avoid the "apparent colour" contrast have them use single cuts (but they'll be more pricey).

People seem to be very happy with ERD's quality for price so... what was the quote? And did you get the centerstone from them?

malish985

Shiny_Rock
malish985|1352581863|3302855 said:
frankiextah|1352563771|3302608 said:
ERD Noel for sure... the U cut pave speaks for itself...

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/recently-sold-24-1.html

I decided to go with the Noel, but when I spoke to Mark he said that he is using V cup pave. Is there a large difference between the two in your opinion? Thanks!

I've looked through several threads explaining the U vs V cut pave and I decided to clear things up with Mark and have them do the same look as the Noel's on his side which are more the U cut pave. I sent him several pictures as well as his own youtube video link, so hopefully he gets what I want.

Thanks for pointing that out to me so I can make the adjustments.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
def personal preference but if you look at the link i posted the "ada" has U cut pave and the "karina" has v cut pave...

what is ERD's price for the noel nowadays ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results