shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD CADS in - PLEASE HELP-too much metal?

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Mark is making the NOEL http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/noel-classic-halo-diamond-engagement-ring-bpid-147-19.html

I decided to go with 2 pointers on the shank and halo. My stone is 2.22 RB, J XXX ( NOT THE STONE IN THE PICTURE)

Here are the first round of CADS. Is it me, or does something seem a bit off or am I being paranoid??? Looks like a bit too much metal or is it just me

Also, I've tried different halo's in the store and really liked the look of 2 pointers but in the pictures they seem to be competing? Or is it bc they are magnified? I spoke with Mark and he said that 2 pointers would look good, so not sure why I'm so confused now - I HATE BEING SO INDECISIVE

THANK YOU

cad_1.jpg

cad_2.jpg

cad_3.jpg

cad_4.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cads emphasize everything. So I think you would be ok with the metal. As for the 2 pointers. IMHO those CAN sometimes overshadow the center stone, depending on size. I had my .9 pear set with 2 pointers and it was just swallowed up. I think you could go down to 1 pointers if thats what youre concerned about.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
nielseel|1353247523|3309310 said:

Thank you for posting this - the final product looks amazing, but I feel that their original CAD had a little less metal than mine or am I nuts? I've been really nervous about not seeing the ring I'm buying that I'm over-analyzing everything :confused:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm well the way the melee is set IS slightly different so youre right it is sliiightly more metal. Heres another one that might help you, though keep in mind he asked for it to look a bit scalloped though,

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-about-to-show-up.181962/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-about-to-show-up.181962/[/URL]

If you can hold of I would wait and see how this turns out, the cads looks a lot like yours
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-halo-engagement-ring-got-cads.181463/#post-3298016#p3298016']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-halo-engagement-ring-got-cads.181463/#post-3298016#p3298016[/URL]

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Also, does it look like the stones in the halo give it the flowery look? That's not what I was going for and not sure if that's just the picture. I don't want the scalloped look in the halo, if you will. Does that make sense? and the more I look the more I see a lot of metal in between the stones in the halo. Or am I over-anlyzing again?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not over analyzing exactly. i think the "flower ' happens when the melee gets too big. Which I think is why you're concerned about the 2 pointers. I dont think there is too much metal but if you are concerned just ask them to reduce the metal between the melee stones as much as they can. If they can go smaller then there you go, if you can then that probably means they are close enough.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks stunning to me and not like a flower.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
nielseel|1353260404|3309436 said:
Not over analyzing exactly. i think the "flower ' happens when the melee gets too big. Which I think is why you're concerned about the 2 pointers. I dont think there is too much metal but if you are concerned just ask them to reduce the metal between the melee stones as much as they can. If they can go smaller then there you go, if you can then that probably means they are close enough.

When I tried 2pt halo in the store it didn't seem to have the "flower", but i probably wasn't looking at it after reading/researching PriceScope and really comparing different halos. I'm seriously considering going down to 1.5 melee now. But I wanted to stay with 2mm shank and have the halo and the shank be the same all the way around. Do you think that can be accomplished and still have little metal?

Thanks for all your help.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask them that, because I am not sure. Also, if they can tighten up the melee that might help with the "flower look" youre seeing without going down to 1.5 pointers.
if you look at this link the leon has both a halo and band at 1.8 (though other threads ive seen them say 1.9

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-811-adrianna-rb-halo-ring.154967/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-811-adrianna-rb-halo-ring.154967/[/URL]

ETA thats a 2.62 stone i do believe

malish985

Shiny_Rock
nielseel|1353263730|3309472 said:
I would ask them that, because I am not sure. Also, if they can tighten up the melee that might help with the "flower look" youre seeing without going down to 1.5 pointers.
if you look at this link the leon has both a halo and band at 1.8 (though other threads ive seen them say 1.9

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-811-adrianna-rb-halo-ring.154967/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-811-adrianna-rb-halo-ring.154967/[/URL]

ETA thats a 2.62 stone i do believe

Nielseel, thank you! I really love Frankie's mom's ring - even with the larger stone they went with 1.5 pointers around the halo, and I'm starting to think that the 2 pointers will be compete with my 2.22 center.

so I'm thinking I need to see if Mark would be willing to change the halo. I really wanted everything to be uniform, but visually it doesn't seem like you can tell that the halo is narrower than the shank. :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is looking good, but I am not seeing a slight tilt of that halo and I think it would look better with it. Then you wouldn't see the metal sides to the halo as much.

I also would remove the diamonds on the doughnut unless this ring will not be worn with a wedding band.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1353266080|3309496 said:
I think it is looking good, but I am not seeing a slight tilt of that halo and I think it would look better with it. Then you wouldn't see the metal sides to the halo as much.

I also would remove the diamonds on the doughnut unless this ring will not be worn with a wedding band.

Thanks diamondseeker! when I initially spoke to mark he said that all of the halos are at 30 degree slope. Is that what you are saying not reflected in the CADs?

Do you think it would be better to size down to 1.5 pointers in the halo? I've been staring at Frankie's mom's LM ring that Nielseel so kindly found for me and her 2.62 ct has 1.5 halo and 2 pointer shank. Afraid my smaller stone will get overwhelmed with 2 pointers

Maybe Frankie will find this thread and chime in

Thank you for your help through my NEUROTIC journey

frankie_s_mom.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
im not sure I see a tilt in the halo :?:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I would reduce the size of the halo stones because the picture of Frankie's mom's ring looks like it has the perfect size. I wouldn't go larger than that.

I am not seeing a 30 degree tilt but maybe someone like Frankie who has more experience with custom halos will chime in.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Thank you - I'll make sure that when I speak to mark tomorrow I ask about the tilt.

If Mark does agree to change the melee to 1.5 pointers is it customary to receive another version of CADs? sorry if this is a bad question, but I've never gone through a custom CAD design process.
Hopefully the different size in the halo and shank will flow.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not see any tilt/angle in the halo.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tilt the halo... 20% should be fine actually and reduce point size on the melee to 1.5 points prevent the scalloped look you are concerned about.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I like the size of the melee but definitely agree with the others that the halo needs to be tilted...

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the feedback - should I expect another rounds of CADs that will reflect the tilt and possibly the smaller melee?

Thanks

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all of the feedback - Spoke to Mark this morning and changed the size of melee to 1 1/2 in the halo, tilt between 25% and 30%, and send him a picture of Frankie's mom's ring so he can see how i want the halo to look - not the scalloped look, but rather more uniform. Yay, I'm excited. Now I have to wait a few weeks for it to be completed!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results