shape
carat
color
clarity

ER photos: Should tweak the prong tips?

smoothmoose

Rough_Rock
Ok. Here I took these pics in the privacy of my washroom. Thank goodness we both have our own washrooms. This project is still undercovers. I'll write up a separate review on Leif Benner custom jeweler, but I wanted to share pics of my ring.

The concept of the ring it to maintain a classic look but add some contrasting elements to add detail and unique touch. Basically here the elements that I incorporated with Leif to give it classic with a twist:

*** Overall design concept: constrasting between round and square/rectangular elements
- NSEW 4 prong setting
- round center stone
- rectangular baguette channel setting
- square edge prong tips ***(See below)
- Euro flat/round shank.

I am very happy with it...but am considering one tweak. I asked that the prong tips to be square, but when you look at the close up photo, it's semi-round and semi square. In real viewing distance, the tips look very small and delicate and I wonder if in reality if it where very square and edgy if anybody would notice. You really need a loupe to see the prong tips up close. If I do ask to have the prong tips to be remade, I think it would require the whole ring to be remade because the shank and the prongs are unicasted. And if so should I ask to have the prong tips chunkier so the square edges would show better? I very much like the ring the way it is and I think my g/f will too...but I'm thinking having true square edges on the prong tips might just add the finish touch of perfection.

Thoughts? Am I nitpicking and over thinking this?

DSC02521.JPG

DSC02528.JPG

DSC02530.JPG

DSC02532.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would leave it as is. the ring looks great!

smoothmoose

Rough_Rock
Two more pics for good measure...

DSC02522.JPG

DSC02523.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, good! I am so glad to see that slg said what I was going to say...don't mess with those prongs!!! I think they look just fine for the style of the ring! Very pretty!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd leave them be too.

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't touch it, I don't think there is much to gain visually...your rings looks great so unless you're deeply unsatisfied there's no need to make any change to it. Enjoy!

Also, don't forget that no matter how skilled their bench is there is always a possibility they make it wrong. You will find numerous threads on PS of people who requested a small tweak to their ring and ended up dissatisfied...It's not worth the risk IMO.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I would leave the prongs as well.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i think the ring is very pretty and that the prongs look great. i'd leave them as is.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think it's beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing! :love:

smoothmoose

Rough_Rock
Thanks all. I thought I was over-analyzing it. It does look great already.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! Also in agreement with leaving the prongs as they are - they suit the setting and design. I think you are over thinking this - it is just amazing as it is!!!

Good luck with the proposal - no matter when it is!

(and --- you each have your own bathrooms??? OMG - what heaven that must be!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results