color
clarity

Enhancing a yellow diamond with yellow gold under stone

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi guys.

A quick question for you.

I'm having a ring made in white gold with my fancy light yellow radiant diamond set in a bezel setting. I was told by someone years ago that you can enhance the colour of the diamond by using yellow gold underneath the stone. I don't want any yellow gold showing in the ring so don't want it set with any yellow gold,'only white.

So is it worth having the stone set in yellow gold underneath the diamond.

Thanks.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's called a yellow gold cup and would be useful to add especially since your stone is light yellow. But this cup would also prevent you from being able to clean the diamond so that's something to think about!

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's called a yellow gold cup and would be useful to add especially since your stone is light yellow. But this cup would also prevent you from being able to clean the diamond so that's something to think about!
Okay thanks. The design I have chosen doesn't have an open design so there is no way in which I can clean the diamond. See the image below for similar design.

IMG_0873.PNG

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring in my profile picture has a gold cup.
I did not choose the ring and setting separately, so I cannot attest to the exact change or enhancement of the yellow, but I do think it gives it some oomph
The stone is IGI graded as Fancy Yellow. My guess is GIA would have said Fancy Light yellow.
That picture is the best one I have of the color, I don't think it would look that yellow without the gold cup.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results