shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Rings from Bluenile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for all ladies that have engagement rings from Bluenile, my brother is looking for his girlfriend and wants to purchase from Bluenile, since that is where my gorgeous ring is from, but he would like to more of their settings on real ladies hands. So if anybody has a ring from Bluenile please post pictures and hand-shots. Thanks. I included mine for others to see
2.gif

jaxxieo.jpg

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
mine is from bluenile - you can see it in my avatar

rnbwsktles

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I just ordered one from BN. It''s supposed to arrive tomorrow!!
9.gif

I won''t be able to post a pic because I''m not allowed to officially wear it lol. (we''re not engaged yet. We decided to pick the ring out together and he will give it to me when he''s ready. a little backwards, I know) If I can sneak in a pic of it on my right hand, I will!

This is the setting I bought http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-platinum_7812?filter_id=1&collection_id=236

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
rnbwsktles you are too cute! haha that is so very exciting! I bet you are going to go crazy waiting for when "he is ready!!". I can''t wait to see it on your hand. Hopefully he doesn''t take too too long!
2.gif
If you can sneak a picture please do post it!
25.gif

rnbwsktles

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 2:33:01 PM
Author: missjaxon
rnbwsktles you are too cute! haha that is so very exciting! I bet you are going to go crazy waiting for when 'he is ready!!'. I can't wait to see it on your hand. Hopefully he doesn't take too too long!
2.gif
If you can sneak a picture please do post it!
25.gif

Thanks!
1.gif

I hope he doesn't take too long either! It's supposed to arrive tomorrow, but at his house. I won't see him until Friday night so I have to wait an agonizingly long extra day.

solitairegirl

Rough_Rock
Mine is from BN. It''s a super-simple setting (6 prong platinum, 2mm knife edge), and the diamond is fairly small (.41 ct), but I love it! My FI got a "signature ideal" diamond and though you can''t tell from the blurry picture, it''s beautiful (don''t know if it''s worth the extra $ to get SI over Ideal, though). My only complaint: prongs could be a bit more graceful - sometimes I envy other PS-ers'' fluidly swooping prongs!

IMG_1300_2.JPG

solitairegirl

Rough_Rock
And a prong shot...

IMG_1377_1.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
These rings are gorgeous! I would not hesitate to order from BN myself if I were in the market for another ring!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if upgrading is important to your brother and his girlfriend. Blue Nile don''t offer an upgrade service.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for pointing that out Maisie. We absolutely love Bluenile anyway, their designs are wonderful and there customer service has been amazing. I absolutely love my ring, even thought I know many PSers would prefer WF or others. I think he will go with the best to start and if they ever want an upgrade they said they will just get a new one. With me, my FI got me exactly what I wanted, couldn''t ask for anything more and the ring has more sentimental value then anything so I don''t think I would ever want to change a thing about it ;-).

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Blue Nile sparkly!

Summer%2008%20005%20xs.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring is from Whiteflash, but my wedding band is from Blue Nile.

jstar-ringinbox.jpg

jstar-ringsonbox.jpg

jstar-closeup.jpg

candycorn

Rough_Rock
Here''s what I got for my ff.... very happy w/ it - it''s a 1.16 I SI1

IMGP3230.JPG

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
They are all so beautiful, thanks everyone for posting! Candycorn, my brother really likes yours the best so far! He likes simpler beauties and so does his girlfriend. I how ever LOVE to sparkle!! I hope everyone keeps posting, it is great to see so many wonderful Bluenile rings!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
They are all so beautiful, thanks everyone for posting! Candycorn, my brother really likes yours the best so far! He likes simpler beauties and so does his girlfriend. I how ever LOVE sparkles EVERYWHERE!! I hope everyone keeps posting, it is great to see so many wonderful Bluenile rings!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
My stone is from BN and set elsewhere and my stone is great. Exactly as promised, great customer service and fast shipping. I highly recommend them.

And rnbwsktles, that''s exactly what we did! I couldn''t wait very long though so FI proposed quickly after getting the ring.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
They are all beautiful rings and I''ve heard nothing but good things about Bluenile. Good luck
35.gif

candycorn

Rough_Rock
Here is another pic... BN is my favorite. Everyone always makes a big deal about no-upgrading but for engagement rings, why in the world would you want to trade in your original diamond? Talk about sentimental value...

IMGP3275.JPG

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I agree Candycorn, my diamond is very special to me and it is something I hope to one day pass down to my future children and grandchildren etc. I am definitely attached to mine
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 3:00:19 PM
Author: candycorn
Here is another pic... BN is my favorite. Everyone always makes a big deal about no-upgrading but for engagement rings, why in the world would you want to trade in your original diamond? Talk about sentimental value...
Just fwiw re upgrading, its impossible to count how many people just on this forum have said this, then changed their mind down the road. You never know what is going to happen, so I wouldn''t be too judgemental..

wapila1

Rough_Rock
Candycorn -- It''s a lovely ring. May I ask which setting that is? Thanks!

candycorn

Rough_Rock
Thx Wapila and everyone for the compliments! It''s probably the most simple setting you can get - an 18k 4 prong. The ring size is 3.5 so wanted the focus to be on the diamond and not anything else.

http://www.bluenile.com/solitaire-diamond-engagement-ring-setting_3074?filter_id=1&collection_id=234

bulldogg

Rough_Rock
Not my e-ring, but I do have a solitaire in platinum from BN.
0.70 ct H S1, signature ideal

As much as I like "her" I do have regrets that I didn´t by a ring that I could upgrade... Shrinkage happens so quickly
7.gif

Ok, first time for me to post a picture.Hope it´s working!

bn solitaire.jpg

mynewobsession

Rough_Rock
rnbwsktles, we did the exact same thing!! May be a little backwards, but at least we know we''re getting something we love, right?
2.gif
I snuck a peek at mine when it came in but it didn''t last long because we had to immediately ship it back out to Whiteflash to get the diamond set into it. From now on, I''m not allowed to see it until he decides to pop the question... Can''t wait! Good luck and lots of dust to you!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
BUMP

any more blue nile beauties?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!
36.gif

wapila1

Rough_Rock
My digital camera isn''t working at the moment, but I do have a BN engagement ring too. It''s a RB, just under a carat, H/SI1. The purchase was pre-PS. If we''d had the benefit of PS we might have looked for slightly different specs, but not by a wide margin. Anyhow, DH paid a fair price for what we got and similar diamonds at B&M stores were much more expensive, so I think it was a good value.

As far as the setting, it''s BN''s 2.5mm platinum comfort-fit. The setting is indeed comfy (I''m a lefty and a clutz, so I wanted something that sits very low) but it does make finding a diamond band that sits flush a bit challenging. Their matching platinum band does sit flush, however. Also, BN''s customer service was excellent.

I agree with what others have said about keeping an upgrade policy in mind, but I''m a total sap and don''t think I could ever part with this stone. If we didn''t have the funds to upgrade while keeping the original stone, I just wouldn''t. (And I''ve had the ring for a while, so I feel pretty confident saying that.) Everyone is different though.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 6:50:02 PM
Author: kittybean
Here is my Blue Nile sparkly!

Summer%2008%20005%20xs.jpg

Ha ha! I actually literally came on this thread to tell the OP to do a search for yours, KB, because I ADORE that setting w/ the EC center!!! It''s just so gorgeous....

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
My center stone is from blue nile and the five stones from my five stone are from Blue Nile as well....the settings and pears are from LM. Not sure if my ring counts. ;-)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
So true about shrinkage! Esp if you are a frequent PS visitor!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results