shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring reset - hexagon halo? 3 stone ring?

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Mina-Lo, Aug 16, 2019 at 1:26 AM.

Which option for engagement ring reset?

1. Hexagon halo with bigger melee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Upgrade to 3 stone ring WITHOUT halo

62.5%
  3. Upgrade to 3 stone ring WITH halo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Leave it as it, you silly woman!

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mina-Lo
    Rough_Rock

by Mina-Lo » Aug 16, 2019 at 1:26 AM
    Hello knowledgeable Pricescopers!

I was left a little bit of money from my grandma after she passed and I want to do something meaningful with it. Ii don't wear my engagement ring very often as I've fallen out of love with it a little, I want it to have bigger impact.
    I was thinking of changing my engagement ring design from a cushion halo to a hexagon shape with bigger melee and also possibly adding another 2 diamonds to make it a 3 stone ring.

This is what I currently have, a round brilliant .90ct in a cushion halo -
    upload_2019-8-16_15-17-39.jpg
    upload_2019-8-16_15-18-35.jpg (apologies for this photo, it's horrid).

This is the possible reset shape -
    upload_2019-8-16_15-18-48.jpg

I can't seem to find photos of 3 stone rings with hexagon halos? Is there even such a thing?
    I've dealt with Vera from Whiteflash in the past when purchasing diamond earrings and would possibly buy the 2 extra diamonds from her.

Am I being silly? Is there not enough of a change with the reset to justify the change? What size side stones should I use?

I would be grateful for any opinions/suggestions/votes please :)

2. headlight
    Brilliant_Rock

by headlight » Aug 16, 2019 at 4:09 AM
    I am sorry for your loss. It’s very special she left you some money.
    First off, I personally think your ring is very, very pretty. I would love to see a photo of your ring with the matching bands from a top view!
    I’m personally not loving the hexagon, and especially not the idea of a hexagon 3-stone, it would be way too busy IMO. Also, I think going with larger melee will overpower your center stone.
    If you are tired of your current ring and want to change it, maybe the change you need is to not have a halo? I’m not sure what you ultimately accomplish going from one halo to another. I also think you will tire of the hexagon.
    I like the idea of taking Grandma’s gift and buying 2 side stones to create a 3-stone ring (non-halo, although you could halo it if you really love the look and want to “bump it up a bit”)... it would be really special to have a ring with your engagement stone in the middle, and stones “from your Grandmother” on the sides.
    I would suggest .45ct each for the side stones to create a good ratio.
    Or, you could keep your current ring as is... even more so because you the matching bands, and use the money to buy diamond earrings, if you don’t already have. Since you love the halo look, you could even get halo studs. Would be kind of nice to think of you carrying (wearing) a part of your Grandmother everyday.

Acinom likes this.