shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring - price help :) going tomorrow.

Ryancope123

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I came across your post a while ago regarding Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter, and negotiating price.

I am completely new to jewellery and looking to pop the question to my GF of 9 years in December, just wondering if you may be able to give me some guidance please as I don't want to get shafted :(

I have found a ring but not sure if it's a good/fair price?

https://www.diamond-heaven.co.uk/pro...ng?scolourid=0

Would you mind having a quick look and letting me know your thoughts, please ? also if you think it's good what would you be looking to get the price down to?

Massively appreciate your time :) thank you.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there,
I came across your post a while ago regarding Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter, and negotiating price.

I am completely new to jewellery and looking to pop the question to my GF of 9 years in December, just wondering if you may be able to give me some guidance please as I don't want to get shafted :(

I have found a ring but not sure if it's a good/fair price?

https://www.diamond-heaven.co.uk/pro...ng?scolourid=0

Would you mind having a quick look and letting me know your thoughts, please ? also if you think it's good what would you be looking to get the price down to?

Massively appreciate your time :) thank you.
Hey Ryan,

You can use the search bar at the top of this forum to search for stones that are within your budget, so you can understand what your options might be in terms of colour/clarity/carat size.

Please be careful when shopping for 'certificated' diamonds - the main and most trusted grading companies are GIA and AGS, so it is a good idea to stick to them. That way you will ensure that the colour and clarity grades of the stones you are looking at are accurate and you are not paying for, say, a J when it is actually an, for example.

It is worth noting that the image in the link is a computer-generated image of the ring and stone - most jewelers can use CAD to custom-cast a ring to your/the intended recipient's desired style, and there are many options already out there, but Emerald cuts are difficult to shop for because so many are badly cut and leak light rather than return it to your eye (which is the sole purpose of a diamond!). You can look at the James Allen site to see excellent videos of the wide range of ECs available, so if you see any that you like, post them up so we can see what your taste is :) (i.e. fat vs elongated ratios, chunky vs skinny facets, cut corners and fat windmills vs trimmed corners and skinny windmills, etc...)

If you are happy to post up your total budget and preferred colour/clarity/carat size, we can help find you some good options to consider :))

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny I think Ryan made more than one thread about this, because I remember he posted in another thread that he found a better deal at another jeweller in the Jewellery Quarter. :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results