shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring - Please help with diamond

Monstar

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I want to buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend from blue nile. I chose a diamond which - in my view - would generally be recommended in this forum. Just wanted to make sure that you agree :)

What do you guy think? My total budget including ring + VAT (shippment to Germany) is approx. 3,500 €. Thanks in advance for your help.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The proportions look very promising: 55 table, 62.3 depth, 35 crown, 40.6 pavilion & 75 LGF

I personally prefer depth 62 or less, but 62.3 is definitely within acceptable limits we recommend (up to 62.4) and HCA seems to like it too.

I might add to ask BN for an idealscope or ASET image. They probably won't provide, but it's free to ask and would just help confirm light performance.

If they can't provide an image, buy an ASET scope and analyze when you get the stone to make sure it checks out. Either way, I think it's worth a gamble!

FYI, not sure if you specifically seeked out VVS clarity but it's probably overkill for a stone this size. I like some SI1's and most VS2+ stones. However, on smaller stones the price premium seems to be smaller and sometimes it's not that you are looking for VVS clarity but the other criteria aligned and it fell in your lap as a bonus. Just making you aware is all as some may try to find a lower clarity and bump the size if possible.

Capture101.PNG

Monstar

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately BN does not provide idealscope or aset images (asked them today). I am choosing it anyways. Thx for your help.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks good!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results