shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring help!

Dingo

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

So here we go, another lost and confused boyfriend trying to find her girlfriend the perfect ring. In fairness though she had made this incredibly difficult for me, asking to trust my choice. Only thing she desired was that the ring have a diamond and be white gold....Well that narrows it down doesn't it!

Now in earlier times we did speak about budget, we are both young travelers and into the experiences more then that of a physical things we own...She told me she wouldn't want me spending more then $2000...I thought that's reasonable...but after researching for weeks I've realized a nice ring for $2000AUD (1528.80USD) is nearly impossible!

I removed myself from the budget and kind of started looking at what I wanted, I wanted something that she will be proud to display and that can take some wearing - as we do a fair bit of outdoor activities - she works with children etc...

So with this in mind, the metal I'm aiming for is white gold as she requested but in 18k as it will be in a harsh environment, and it should maintain most of its shine. Now the tricky part...the diamond...with a budget of $3000AU (yes I've stretched it already!) I'm looking for a diamond that isn't necessarily big in carrot size or high in clarity or color but the cut. So anyway to cut a long story short I've come to this ring....details are:

9 diamonds at a total of 0.80-0.84Carat
Color G-I (near colorless)
clarity SI1-SI2
Cut: Flawless (as described)
price: $3000 AUD or $2292.88USD

link:http://www.shiels.com.au/diamond-dress-ring-27250006.html#reviews

Now my only hesitations with this ring is the clarity, being small diamonds (9 of) would it matter? My main concern is keeping the sparkle, as I've read the diamond needs to be able to refract light so with clarity this bad, would it affect this? OH and the cut they call it flawless, not sure why but its a heart and arrows cut.

Any opinions on this, is the price fair, will it be a sparkly - or is it just a 'flawless' marketing haha

I live I rural Australia, there are some jewelry stores back home (we are currently travelling through Canada) however its limited, I like the idea of custom made but with our budget I don't see it as possible. While I would like to buy one here in Canada, it would be to hard as we are constantly on the move and she's pretty switched on with what I do so alas it must wait until we get home. We are off to Japan next February so that is where I'm planning the surprise.

thanks in Advance!
Secret name Dingo - In case she or her friends see this!

flawless-cut-diamond-ring-in-18ct-white-gold-27250006-c_15-04-07-02-55-32-shiels-jewellers.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results