shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring dark circle in center - normal? (photos)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lindathompson24

Rough_Rock
These are photos of my engagement ring. It seems as though there is always this dark center in the ring, regardless of whether it is on my finger or by itself. Is this normal? It was a supposedly very high quality ''super ideal'' stone.

Thank you so much

ringpic0102.jpg

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Linda,

I can't see the pictures all that clearly because of the smaller size, but think that you are referring to the shadow effect that is visible within the table area... I believe that it is simply a reflection of other objects that are within a close enough range of the diamond that they are able to have an effect on it. You may also be seeing a reflection of the camera lens within the diamond... When viewing a diamond on your hand, the presence of your head will actually create such an effect within the diamond. And when the diamond is laying on a black surface as it is in the photographs you've provided, the dark surface will reflect up into the diamond... Try sitting the diamond up in an open area where other objects will not have a direct effect upon it and view it from a few feet back - be sure that you are not standing in front of the light source or a shadow effect will be created.

Sparkle_Girl

Shiny_Rock
i think i have that same problem i winder what the heck it is from!
37.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I have that problem too, but mine is a steep/deep stone so I always figured I was seeing the "ring iof death" as much as I hate that term. Super ideal cuts do that too?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d need to see closer up pictures and look at your specs, but it could be table glare.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results