shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring, Big success on a custom design jeweler recommendation (Valeria Jewelers) from PriceScope!

BD626

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

A few months ago I posted here about a terrible run-in I had with a jeweler here in the USA.

A recap of the story is: I am married, but I lost my engagement ring a few months after my wedding.

I eventually bought a new stone, and set about looking in jewelery shops for settings from time to time. Years passed. I came from the UK to visit family in the US, and found a setting I fell in love with (see photos attached in the reply after this original post, it's the one WITHOUT blue stones on the side). I agreed on a price wih the local jeweler, but when they found out I was from out of town the price suddenly went up by $1k because of a "sudden increase in the price of gold" (SMDH).

I posted pictures of the ring I liked here, and someone on PriceScope recommended Lucas at Valeria Jewels. Well, time has passed and the new ring is done!

I just wanted to thank everyone on PriceScope, because it turned out so well! I'll re-post my Google review for him here at the end, in case anyone wonders about the ring & stone specs.

Here's a video of the new ring, more spectatular than the photos:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TJqlwuwq76Tk7qqy2iC97fEVhH8l0Mvv/view?usp=sharing

Here's Lucas' website:

https://www.valeriacustomjewelry.com/product/6-prong-art-deco-engagement-ring/

My Google Review:

"Lucas is amazing! I had a picture of a ring that I liked very much, and he designed something even better using measurements of a stone that I have, remotely. We created this ring using lots of email exchanges. The ring is a replacement for my original engagement ring, which was tragically lost shortly after I got married. In the 5 years since I'd lost my ring I'd popped into *lots* of jewelers, picked up a fair number of rings. I didn't think I would ever love a second ring as much as I loved the first, no ring would ever be the ring I got married with. But Lucas managed it!

Lucas is very good at listening, good at taking criticism, technically very savvy. He creates an amazing dialogue. He's great at explaining the technical pros/cons of what he's creating. In my case I wanted a new thing that looked old, that I could wear daily. ...He explained the pros/cons of rhodium plating. He explained that the blue stones I wanted in the side would be better as a precious stone rather than semi-precious (as semi-precious get chipped/broken).

The sides were also hand filigreed, which gives it the "old" look. He really is an artisan. This setting makes this stone MUCH better than it did in its last setting: I think it has to do with the prong placement. This ring is a size 6 US w a stone that's slightly over 1ct. The stone is very yellow (O) and Lucas even matched the side stones as best possible. The width of the ring band at its widest point is about 6mm. He's also super responsive- quick and thoughtful responses.

Cost was WAY lower than those quoted by local jewelers. (That's not the important thing, though. The important thing is that Lucas is an artist.)"

Attachments

• IMG_6168.jpeg
    IMG_6168.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6180.jpeg
    IMG_6180.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6182.jpeg
    IMG_6182.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6189.jpeg
    IMG_6189.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6197.jpeg
    IMG_6197.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6198.jpeg
    IMG_6198.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6199.jpeg
    IMG_6199.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Your new ring turned out beautifully. A good bench is worth their weight in gold. Glad you had such a wonderful experience!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results