shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring - $5k budget

Mastermind

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I've been reading for quite a long time on this forums now and I'd like to finally seek for some personal advice.

I've been researching and shopping around have after reading several user reviews and website review, I've decided to go with James Allen diamonds instead of BlueNile due to the fact that you can see HD images of the diamonds before purchasing..

I'd be open to suggestions from other online retailers, seeing as most of the members here will be much more knowledgeable about diamond online wholesalers compared to myself.

Here is the diamond specs that I'm considering.

0.9 - 1.1 ‑carat
Round
Ideal (cut)
SI1 (clarity)
H - J (color)

My personal preference is Cut, Size, Clarity, and Color in that order.

I believe that SI1 in Clarity should be fine as long as the Diamond is eye-clean and the inclusions are not in "bad" spots.

I intend to have the diamond set in a White-Gold Solitaire setting.

It would be great if members could provide some thoughts and also advice on my choice of diamond specs (although I know it's personal preference, but I've read in multiple websites that taking into consideration diamond size, certain variables like Color or Cut could have a bigger effect).

Thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mastermind

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the prompt response Niel.

I was going through other online retailers like White flash and they seem to have a pretty extensive selection of diamonds for a competitive price range when compared to James Allen.

The diamond that you've selected certainly fits what I'm looking for and looks fantastic - if you do come across any other similar type diamond with the same specifications I'd be very interested in taking a closer look at them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mastermind|1411006213|3752894 said:
Thank you for the prompt response Niel.

I was going through other online retailers like White flash and they seem to have a pretty extensive selection of diamonds for a competitive price range when compared to James Allen.

The diamond that you've selected certainly fits what I'm looking for and looks fantastic - if you do come across any other similar type diamond with the same specifications I'd be very interested in taking a closer look at them.

I wasn't finding many other contenders in your price range, except for Ks. I'll keep looking, but I'd still ask to reserve that one so you don't loose it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results