shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring 10-12k budget. Need guidance please

TheBlingleys

Rough_Rock
Being long time lurkers and seeing the valuable knowledge shared on this forum we are asking for assistance. We started working with a local jeweler and let’s just say we have been less than pleased with the results and response time. Instead of continuing to be frustrated, we have decided to seek other avenues.

We have discussed budget and specs. Hopefully we can get some guidance. This is what we are searching for: Budget is 10-12K including the setting and the stone. Cut ideal or excellent. Color I or J (I am not color sensitive) would consider a K. Clarity VS2 to SI1. Setting will be rose gold. I like the Vatche 191. I have also worked with DK and am on the fence about doing a custom setting. Round Brilliant 1.50-1.75 cts. The budget is firm.

Assistance is greatly appreciated!
Thank you

The Blingleys

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheBlingleys|1475605182|4083598 said:
Being long time lurkers and seeing the valuable knowledge shared on this forum we are asking for assistance. We started working with a local jeweler and let’s just say we have been less than pleased with the results and response time. Instead of continuing to be frustrated, we have decided to seek other avenues.

We have discussed budget and specs. Hopefully we can get some guidance. This is what we are searching for: Budget is 10-12K including the setting and the stone. Cut ideal or excellent. Color I or J (I am not color sensitive) would consider a K. Clarity VS2 to SI1. Setting will be rose gold. I like the Vatche 191. I have also worked with DK and am on the fence about doing a custom setting. Round Brilliant 1.50-1.75 cts. The budget is firm.

Assistance is greatly appreciated!
Thank you

The Blingleys

Hi! Welcome to PS! :wavey:

Is this ring for you or for your FF? The reason I ask is in regards to the underlined above. :))

TheBlingleys

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your speedy reply. My love and I are working as a team on this one. So all specs have been discussed. Over and over again (lol)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheBlingleys said:
Thanks for your speedy reply. My love and I are working as a team on this one. So all specs have been discussed. Over and over again (lol)

Perfect!! [emoji1360] (I always ask... just to be safe.). [emoji56]

Would you be open to a completely eye ckean SI2, should one be found in budget? I'd have Yuketiel at IDJ work his magic and get the biggest, best cut, eye clean stone and go with the Vatché setting, if that's what you love.

I would stick to I or J color and not consider a K unless it had a brown undertone, was a lot larger, and/or you truly like the warmth of it and aren't trying to "make it whiter" -- hope that makes sense. I think a J would be plenty white, esp if it had some fluorescence.

TheBlingleys

Rough_Rock
Yes, we would be totally open to an SI2. It seems my BF wants to do the setting so DK it is. I am perfectly happy with that. He is local.

Thank you for the advice on the color. I will still with I or J.

TheBlingleys

Rough_Rock
We are also hoping for some links stones

Thanks!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheBlingleys said:
We are also hoping for some links stones

Thanks!

I don't have time to look right now, but I'd just have Yuketiel find some for you then post here. He seems to be a miracle worker!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results