shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Diamond

ASmith543

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for another one of these kind of threads but I'm picking out my first and hopefully last engagement ring. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to picking out a diamond, but I do understand the basics. I've poked around a couple sites (James Allen, whiteflash, blue Nile) and it's very overwhelming with all of the options. I'm kind of stuck and not sure on what my next move should be with all of these choices.

I do know I want a round diamond around 1.5 ct with a budget around 6-8k. It will be in a setting similar to the picture below, in white gold.

Any suggestions on next steps for picking out a diamond? If you have any recommendation please let me know. I'll take all of the help I can get.

image.jpg

ASmith543

Rough_Rock
Possibly SI1 if eye clean or VS2. Color I'm thinking J? But I'm open to suggestions since the diamond will be in a white gold setting. I don't want it to have a noticeable yellow tint against the white gold ring.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Is a decent 1.5 ct possible within my budget?
Snopdrop13 VVS1 is a lovely choice and fits your parameters. Its a great find within budget. I'd put it on hold and request and Idealscope (IS)

I really like one's chubby arrows, nice IS and is AGS0. Slightly above budget. Slightly over budget.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-j-color-si1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-3540320

another over budget
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vvs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3681495 {I like the body color of this in that it has a slight brown tone vs. yellow, personal preference)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS I see there's 25% off settings with Canada Mark stones......

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for another one of these kind of threads but I'm picking out my first and hopefully last engagement ring. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to picking out a diamond, but I do understand the basics. I've poked around a couple sites (James Allen, whiteflash, blue Nile) and it's very overwhelming with all of the options. I'm kind of stuck and not sure on what my next move should be with all of these choices.

I do know I want a round diamond around 1.5 ct with a budget around 6-8k. It will be in a setting similar to the picture below, in white gold.

Any suggestions on next steps for picking out a diamond? If you have any recommendation please let me know. I'll take all of the help I can get.

image.jpg
p.s. We LOVE these kinds of threads...don't feel bad.:mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results