shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Diamond Stud

Michael Buma

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,

I am looking at getting an engagement ring and after doing some research I found it is a lot cheaper and better in general to buy the diamond separate from the setting. I am still pretty new to diamond shopping though. I found these diamonds in the link below and it seems really good but I don't know how to know for sure. I did see some specs on it but I really don't know if you'd be able to notice them in real life or not. I don't see very much difference between these three diamonds except a slight difference in size and price. Could y'all help me in determining which would be the best one? Or if there are any additional questions I should be asking regarding diamond shopping?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Michael!
I didn’t see any link for your diamonds. Can you try again? ☺
Edit: saw your links in rocky talk. Both will definitely be colorless and totally eye clean. As mentioned by others, request the certs so you can run the HCA numbers and make sure they have angles that work well together- IGI has a pretty broad definition of ideal cut, so if you have several contenders, I’d run them through the Cut Estimator first, and then run those that look like they’re within GIA excellent and AGS ideal through the HCA. Reminder, HCA is more of a rejection tool than anything- if it scores well on HCA, looks visually pleasing to the eye (look for symmetry in the arrows and good contrast), and meets your color and clarity requirements you should be fine.
speaking of color and clarity requirements, any reason you’re going with a D and VVS clarity? You could easily drop down to E or F and still get an icy color, and VS1/2 should be completely eye clean (I would just stay away from clouds on inclusions on the table).
good luck!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results