shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Diamond Stud

Michael Buma

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,

I am looking at getting an engagement ring and after doing some research I found it is a lot cheaper and better in general to buy the diamond separate from the setting. I am still pretty new to diamond shopping though. I found these diamonds in the link below and it seems really good but I don't know how to know for sure. I did see some specs on it but I really don't know if you'd be able to notice them in real life or not. I don't see very much difference between these three diamonds except a slight difference in size and price. Could y'all help me in determining which would be the best one? Or if there are any additional questions I should be asking regarding diamond shopping?

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...at-d-color-vvs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-9253528

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I would recommend comparing them to "PS Recommended Specifications." You should be able to find a few threads via Search. I would also run them through the HCA calculator to make sure it's below a 2. Do you need a D or VVS for cultural or preference? If you are open to D-F and VS, you'll be able to increase the carat.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
This thread should be in Lab Gown Diamonds. I’ve asked for it to be moved. To answer your question you will have to ask for the certifications for the diamonds. Diamonds receive cut grades based on proportions and we recommend staying within tight proportions to avoid disappointment when buying a diamond online.

Michael Buma

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I am new to this site. I'll move it over and get some help there.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I am new to this site. I'll move it over and get some help there.

No problem, I’ve already asked for it to be put in the right place. You should have no trouble getting the reports I mentioned from James Allen. Just post the pictures of them when you receive them and we’ll give you feedback.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results