shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged :) Pics & Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphirepulse

Rough_Rock
So today we had a holiday from class - we had planned to go to brunch at this nice breakfast place about 30 minutes away and then go to our favorite park/walking trail on Green Mountain, which has always been special to us. The weather is BEAUTIFUL for April, cloudless sky with a high of 85. I was a little suspicious about today, because he kept insisting I bring my camera and then he kept putting his hand in his pocket every five minutes...

I didn''t think he would propose until our anniversary later this month, but since he knew I was suspecting that, he wanted to surprise me by asking today. :)

We walked over to this covered bridge on the lake to feed the fish with the bread we had brought. An old man was fishing quietly off the bridge for a long time, and we walked around like we usually did to admire the sights. We walked back over to the bridge and fed the fish some more...the old man picked up his fishing pole and walked to another part of the trail, so we were alone. I was looking out the window at the fish, and my boyfriend was standing somewhat behind me. It was really quiet and relaxing. I got this feeling...then he said my name and I turned around, and he was holding out the ring. I think the first words out of my mouth were, "Oh, so you''re gonna let me see it now?" I couldn''t think of anything non-dorky to say. He asked me to marry him, and I think I just hugged him and smiled and nodded and tried not to cry too much. (Of course I had been planning to say something much more suave.) He asked if that meant yes, so I said yes and just hugged him tighter.

I was already wearing a ring on my left ring finger, so there was a moment of dorky confusion where he tried to put it on my right hand, and I told him, no, it goes on the left - then I couldn''t get the other ring off! The whole time I was terrified one of us would drop the ring through the wood slats in the bridge and then it''d be gone for good. But luckily, nothing like that happened. We laughed and I cried some and then we took pictures. Now we''re in the process of telling everyone - the only other person who knows right now is my mom. (I''m nervous about telling my dad when he gets home from work!)

He told me after that the first time we went to Green Mountain (years ago) and saw my reaction to it, he knew then that he was going to propose here. =)

The ring is a Whiteflash ACA custom, .61 carats in white gold. Thanks to everybody here, I''ve enjoyed the discussions and the company!

IMG_3895.JPG

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

sapphirepulse

Rough_Rock
Beautiful water, sky, *and* ring :)

IMG_3890.JPG

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Such a sweet story! The diamond looks bigger than a .61
31.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

Very nice ring - like the flow. Very Niwaka-like! It definitely looks bigger than a 0.61 ct!

mickeyva

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Sounds like an absolutely perfect day and the ring is beautiful!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Sapphirepulse! Beautiful day, beautiful story, and beautiful RING!
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!! It''s lovely!!!!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love that setting - beautiful!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Your ring is absolutely lovely.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats! such a sweet story!

and I agree- the diamond looks HUGE! it''s a gorgeous ring!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Congrats. Very sweet story.

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!
36.gif
Congrats!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! How sweet that he''s been planning where to propose for years. And I love the swoopiness of the ring - just heavenly!!!

36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
REALLY beautiful setting!

emdash

Rough_Rock
My jaw literally dropped when I saw your ring pic.
It is STUNNING! Congratulations!
30.gif

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I love your reaction and your ring. The setting if really beautiful and unique if I didn''t love pave so much I would want your setting. Congrats and enjoy!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I always thought I was not a big fan of the swoopy kind of setting - but yours is FABULOUS.. I LOVE it :) it looks so perfect on your hand..
congratulations!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your ring is so lovely. Your setting is perfect for your gorgeous stone. Best of wishes to you!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
congrats! your ring is so unique and pretty!
30.gif

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
36.gif
beautiful ring and it looks waaay bigger than 0.61!
30.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It is beautiful!

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
How lovely! Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful, a style I''ve always loved. You two are so cute!!

P
xxx

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results