shape
carat
color
clarity

*Engaged* Light Blue Sapphire Ring

sfilly

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend proposed last night in the most romantic way and I finally got to see the ring that we had been working on for months!

Thank you so much to everyone here who comes and shares their knowledge on coloured stones.. we learned so so much. I knew next to nothing about gemstones and I read everything I could find on here and went from wanting a green sapphire to a blue sapphire to finally buying a light blue one from Gene at Precision Gem and getting it set by a very talented local jeweler. Without these forums I would have had no clue! Even tracking down a good jeweler and knowing what to look for was all due to what I learned here.

Here's the ring! The stone is really sparkly and it changes how it looks depending on the lighting. In some lights it's darker and filled with bright blue sparkles, in other lights its a bright denim blue with flashes of white. I cannot stop staring at it

img_0800.jpg

img_0940.jpg

img_0950_0.jpg

sfilly

Rough_Rock
A few more shots!

img_0933_0.jpg

img_7403.jpg
Before the stone was cut. It's the one with the arrow pointing to it

img_8678.jpg
Trying on the wax model before it was set in 19k white gold

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice - congratulations! Is it a Montana?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I wondered that too -- Montana? Very pretty & so glad you found just what makes your heart sing! Congratulations.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how beautiful! Love the color, and the pretty sparkle coming from it! Congrats, and enjoy your new ring and engagement! :clap:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I just love solitaires, and yours is perfect! Congrats!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple and beautiful, congrats!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! What is the carat weight?

Glad Gene had some material for your e-ring. Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful jeans blue solitaire :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Congratulations! :appl:

What a pretty setting and a lovely, sparkly stone! Plus, it's so neat to see the rough from which your stone was cut. Thank you for sharing!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! A beautiful sapphire and it looks wonderful on your hand :))

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! Nice size, too and of course Gene's cutting is perfect as always. That rough looks to be Nigerian, definitely not Montana.

sfilly

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

minousbijoux JewelFreak woofmama ephsea: The rough was from the new find in Mambilla Nigeria. Gene's blog post with the photo of the stone is here: http://www.precisiongem.com/Blog/files/archive-13-april-2014.html

TL: The carat weight is about 2.1 (I think.. I wrote it down somewhere and can't figure out where). It's unheated and very bright and sparkly.

The setting was based off of Anna Sheffield's hazeline design but with a slightly different basket. I wanted the claw prongs to be a little bit sharper looking and I will probably go and talk to the jeweler sometime this week about it.

The hazeline: hazeline.jpg

My basket: img_0989_1_.jpg

Gene's Photo of the stone: original_0.jpg

My photo of the stone once it was set: img_1062.png

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sfilly, congratulations on your engagement!! And what a beautiful ring..the denim blue color with a hint of teal... Just gorgeous!

Thanks so much for posting photos. Would you like to post the side by side comparisons of the vendor photo and your own photo to the Vendor/owner pic sticky thread? It's always great to have these photos in that thread for future reference /educational purposes :) :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your lovely new e-ring. :appl:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone! Congratulations!

Cedar_lea

Rough_Rock
Wow! I what a beautiful stone. I can tell its really well cut and sparkles like crazy. How cool to get to see it go from rough to the final ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results