shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged for a week and half and not much else to plan?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
So I got enagaged last Sunday, and it seems I already have the most important things planned! I never thought it would fall into place so perfectly, but here goes.

Date wanted August 22, 2009 - Date confirmed August 22, 2009

Venue - booked (just a hall that is right across the street from our church - very plain but can be decorated well (see picture below for what I invision) and big enough for our over 300 guest list!

Church - booked (stunning church)

Photographer - booked http://www.out-there.ca/

Dress - ordered (but with a ton and I mean a ton of krinalin sewn in on the bottom! A lace 4m Pronovias cathedral veil, and a custom prononvias lace veil two tiered shorter for the reception. http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bridalwave.tv/Pronovias14Dec.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.bridalwave.tv/2007/12/ribbon_laced_dr.html&usg=__aLUWLcaB1kcn5XQINK-UO1noj4k=&h=312&w=429&sz=20&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=KZcCBFGntzrMDM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=126&prev=/images?q=pronovias+diamante&um=1&hl=en&sa=G

Photobooth - booked

Catering - booked

Decorating idea - check thanks to you pricescopers!!! - please see picture

Colours - check (main colour is very dark royal purple and the secondary colour maybe lighter purple or blues - I am not quite sure of the complimentary colour)

Fabvour idea - check (custom m&m''s in wedding colours with our picture and wedding date on them)

Cake - booked cake stand (5 tier square with square silver platform) cake will be cupcake cake that I am making!

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Negatives? Other unique things I can add?

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow girl!!! You are on the ball. That is so awesome! Looks amazing too, you did wonderfully
1.gif
I''m happy for you but you still have 9 months to go!
3.gif
I also think it is super SUPER cool you are making your own cupacake cake!!!! I love to bake and think that is such a great idea! Way to go!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That's quite a lot of stuff planned for only a week and a half. We were still basking in the engagement glow and only casually throwing out ideas at that point. I assume you already had done a lot of the research (and maybe booking) beforehand, unless you have limited options to begin with in your city.

You've certainly got plenty of stuff left to do, but it looks like you're one to just whip the decisions out, so the rest should likely be almost as painless (you'll have to deal with others for most of the remaining planning items).

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Dreaming, your dress is beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 2:28:28 PM
Author: dreaming of the day
Decorating idea and colours!
hahaha see you loved the pic i posted :)

congrats on getting so much done so fast... i have ideas in my head.. LOL :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I know how you feel, I think we got a lot of things done in those first 1-2 weeks but we lived in a pretty small town (or at least i thought so) and we were moving cross country so we wanted to get a lot of things done. 2 months down the road I still feel like I have a million things to do lol

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
Well since you''re so on the ball and decisive Dreamin do you want to plan my wedding too?
3.gif
FI and I are so terribly indecisive. It took us 3 months to pick a reception site. We''re on to the Church now and we''ve been looking for a month to no avail. I knew there was a reason I wanted an 18 month engagement. At this pace I''ll have just enough time to make all of these decisions.

Seriously though, I love your colors and decoration concepts. It''s a great combination of elegant, yet fun and festive.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
the aesthetic of your photographer! Congrats on getting the biggest things nailed down! Now you have 9 lovely months to focus on the details. I bet it will be nice to have the time to really think those things through and not make a rushed decision.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s a lot of things to get done so quick! Well done!!! I don''t think D and I did anything for the first three weeks.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
wow, you definitely are on the ball...

with that out of the way, here is some food for thought:

wedding party
wedding party attire & accessories

entertainment - musicians, dj, etc

readings
readers

music - processional, recessional, first dance, etc

Save the dates
Invites
Wedding stationary/thank you cards

you wedding jewelry
wedding bands

guest list
table arrangements

florist
bouquets, bouts

packaging for favors

toasting glasses
cake cutter/server

programs

You are so ahead of the game, keep the steam up!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I knew I shouldn''t have read this thread. I''ve been avoiding it, ''cause I''m so far behind! (wails...)

Just kidding. Congrats! The plans look to be well along.
36.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, you''ve been busy! Congratulations on confirming so many details so early in your engagement
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
how about shoes, hairstyle, nails, make-up?

I didn''t know you could have custom M&Ms made. gotta look into that.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m impressed. I was still just walking around grinning like a fool and floating on a cloud a week and a half after he proposed!

Now you have time to focus on the details, and there are many details to come! Enjoy the planning process!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 2:53:24 AM
Author: Haven
Wow, I''m impressed. I was still just walking around grinning like a fool and floating on a cloud a week and a half after he proposed!

Now you have time to focus on the details, and there are many details to come! Enjoy the planning process!

Ditto, almost 2mths later I am still in that fool happy place.

That is impressive, now you can work on all the little details

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results