shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! Blue sapphire from Precision Gem

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone,
I wanted to share with Pricescope the engagement ring I received from my wonderful fiancee because PS is the reason I even have a sapphire engagement ring! Back when the subject of getting engaged first came up, I knew I didn't want a diamond, and through my research about what I WOULD want I found PS and colored stones and I have never been the same!

I chose the stone, a ~2.3 ct sapphire from Precision Gem. If I'm remembering correctly it's about 7.3-7.4 mm. The vendor pic is below.

PG sapphire.jpg

We found a local jeweler to make a custom ring, and I supplied him with a handful of pictures for inspiration and elements that I wanted in the ring. Then I waited... and waited... and finally!! Got my ring (sorry, all I have to take pictures is my phone so some of the pics may look a bit fuzzy):

ering1.jpg
ering2.jpg
ering5.jpg
ering3.jpg
ering4.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh that is superb. Well done! Congratulations on your engagement.

theRNkatie

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful!!! Yay for sapphire engagement rings and congrats on your engagement!

S

SparkliesLuver

Your story proves that some things are certainly worth waiting for. :clap::dance: The stone is gorgeous and your setting compliments it very nicely. Well done!! Enjoy it and wear it in good health.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How wonderful is that ring? Congrats!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arabella your ring came out beautifully. The color of that sapphire is gorgeous (even better than Gene's pics, in my opinion). You're a lucky lady. :love:

Congrats on the engagement.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congrats on your engagement!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How absolutely beautiful! I think it has a special color to it, which makes it very unique. You must be so happy. Congratulations!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the ring and engagement!

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a dreamy color! Congrats!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow this is incredible!

Absolutely terrific color and I assume sparkle as well! Thanks for sharing and the very best for your new status.
Is this a montana sapphire? Unheated?

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words everyone!! :))

elle_71125, Bluegemz, Kbell, normanintheskywithsapphires -- I really love the color. I have to say I was a bit on the fence at first, but once I played around with it I knew it was the right blue and not too dark or light. I wanted something unique as well. Over the last few months I have had a lot of fun seeing what it does in different lighting. It still looks pretty in fluorescent lighting, although it loses any green it has (to my eye anyway). Interestingly, the green seems to be most visible in late evening sunlight. I have a few more pictures showing off more of it's personality that I can post later today.

Oh and norman -- It's not Montana, it's Nigerian, and heated.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is gorgeous and the ring looks amazing on your hand. Congratulations on the engagement and perfect ring!

Nigerian, huh? another did-not-know. Nice color, powerful.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! Congratulations on your engagement.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is beautiful and timeless!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! It's a beautiful ring and the sapphire is a gorgeous colour.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! That is a gorgeous ring!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Arabella on your engagement and your ring !!!! That sapphire is beautiful and I love Gene's cutting and high crown! The size of the stone seem perfect for your hand. I love the six prongs and the ring profile. Wishing your all the best!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is amazing!!! It looks stunning on you. Please post a lot more pics.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement and ring!!!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Arabella what a beautiful ring to celebrate your developing story of Together. Best wishes on your Engagement.

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Hi there I'm just starting my CS love and wanted to say how beautiful your ring is!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the color is spectacular and the setting is gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement and on your beautiful ring. :love:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on both your engagement and your stunning engagement ring! :clap:

Congrats on your engagement! Great choice in color. It's such a beautiful blue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results