shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged at a beautiful castle in Germany! A real fairy tale! PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Well ladies! I am off the list! and may I say... WOW!

This weekend, I was whisked way on a surprise holiday- location unknown! We ended up in Füssen, Germany, the home of the most famous castle in Bavaria, the Neuschwanstein castle. Many know it as the inspiration for Disneys Sleeping Beauty Castle. Now I know it as the place I got engaged.

The day was perfect. The night before, everything was covered in 6 inches of snow, and when the sun rose, she sky was perfectly blue. A perfect Winter Wonderland backdrop for our castle visit. After a nice breakfast, we made our way into the world. We walked about 45 minutes up the mountain to get to the castle, and WHAT A SIGHT! We took a tour of this magnificent place, a virtual living monument to Richard Wagner...wow wow wow....no expense spared on this castle! We were in awe! We spotted in the distance, the best place from which to view of the castle itself, called the Marienbrücke, a rather dramatic looking bridge between two mountain passes.We wanted to go there... immediately! However because of the snow, the paths were blocked claiming mortal danger...but people just climbed right on over...and so did we. A little slippery in a few places, but no mortal danger to be found.

After another 30 minutes, we arrived at the bridge and it was worth the trouble I tell you! It was glorious! Here people turned around and went back, but P and I moved on, but only about 200 steps. Then we were in a quiet wood surrounded on all sides by mountains and singing birds, there was a mountain stream running far below us, and P said he brought me here to ask me a very important question....at which point we both started to cry.He asked his question and I sobbed YES! On his knees, my FI slipped a gorgeous antique ring on my finger, and we just laughed and cried! The ringbox was tied to a rose, (any opera fans, think Der Rosenkavalier.) We cleared a spot and drank a bottle of champagne that he brought, so we could savour this moment as long as possible! Ah! Ladies, my dream guy pulled off a dream proposal! I am so incredibly happy!

Thanks for your support these last weeks! Now I will try to post some pics for you!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Awww congratulations :) what a beautiful proposal :)

Sounds just magical :)

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Neuschwanstein Castle from the bridge

get-attachment.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
A view of the Marienbrücke (bridge) from the Castle....Just 200 steps to the left of it was where my FI proposed!

get-attachment-1.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
The red eyed newly engaged couple

get-attachment-3.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring, Platinum set OEC diamond (J,VS1) with 4 small single cuts in the setting, 0.73 tcw
The engagement ring as we Americans know it doesnt exist at all in Germany or Switzerland, so I found it very sweet that he wanted me to have one. We are rather romantic, old fashioned people, so this ring really suited us both!

get-attachment-4.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
1 hour engaged! Coming back down from the bridge to the castle

get-attachment-5.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Our snowy engagement celebration for 2 where he proposed

get-attachment-6.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
New FI and I went to dinner and had authentic Bavarian food....now that was a great celebration!

get-attachment-7.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Glueck! I''ve followed your story about you and your FI and it was great reading your engagement story this morning. Congratulations! Your ring is so pretty!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
ring pictures to come on SMTR!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
SMTR thread is here!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-oec-in-plainum-c-1910s.81559/

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
wow glueck....that''s sucha beautiful proposal story!!

my deepest congrats!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

p.s. - i loveeeee your when harry met sally quote!
26.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
YAY congratulations!!! And oh my goodness, glueck, I feel so dumb that I never noticed your screen name before now! Well you sure had lots of glück this past weekend
1.gif

(BTW, BF and I are off to München on April 4 and we plan to hike up to Neuschwanstein while we''re there - think there''ll still be snow? Proper snow is a huge novelty to us Irish!
2.gif
)

glueck

Shiny_Rock
GREAT delster! I think you will be in some GLUECK! It was quite snowy when we left. We just got back to Switzerland (We live about 2.5 hrs from Munich), where we were getting even more snow! I dont know where all the snow was this winter, but its here now! The castle will not disappoint. I suppose you know that there is another of this magnificent castles (the summer home) right next to Neuschwanstein...in the same style on the inside, but gold and fabulous on the outside. Its called Hohenschwangau. If you get there early enough, you can probably do both in the same day. If you stay overnight, I recommend Hotel Sonne. Its a great hotel and very convenient. If you have any questions about the area, I can help! I hope you have a BLAST!

Thanks for your good wishes :)

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Aw thanks Julie and Zoe. It was a great event any way you look at it! I am completely transfixed by the OEC sparkle on my left hand!

The When Harry met Sally quote made me cry so many times!!! What a sweet movie it was! Might need to watch it tonight!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 9:16:43 AM
Author: glueck
GREAT delster! I think you will be in some GLUECK! It was quite snowy when we left. We just got back to Switzerland (We live about 2.5 hrs from Munich), where we were getting even more snow! I dont know where all the snow was this winter, but its here now! The castle will not disappoint. I suppose you know that there is another of this magnificent castles (the summer home) right next to Neuschwanstein...in the same style on the inside, but gold and fabulous on the outside. Its called Hohenschwangau. If you get there early enough, you can probably do both in the same day. If you stay overnight, I recommend Hotel Sonne. Its a great hotel and very convenient. If you have any questions about the area, I can help! I hope you have a BLAST!

Thanks for your good wishes :)
Yippee, snow! And thanks for all the advice, it''s great to hear. I''ve hiked up to Neuschwanstein before but sadly didn''t go inside (my traveling companion wasn''t keen). This time, hopefully we''ll get to inspect the interior - you make it sound so glorious!

We''re staying in Munich and just doing a daytrip out - I lived there for a year about six years ago so BF surprised me with a nostalgic weekend away. I can''t wait to show it to him!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Beautiful proposal and ring! Enjoy it all in good health.

Cheers!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That sounds AMAZING! The pictures are lovely and your ring is gorgeous. Congratulations!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
So incredibly romantic! Congrats!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the ring, darling couple and beautiful proposal! Congrats!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your ring is magnificient, congrats!! Thank you for sharing your story--you are a beautiful couple!

cheers--Sharon

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
that was such a beautiful proposal, you even look like a fairytale princess...really! once again congrats on your engagement and your ring is stunning!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats glueck!! What a perfect setting for an engagement...wow!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! What a beautiful proposal and I love your ring. Enjoy the celebrations!

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been to the Neuschwanstein castle! What an amazing place to get engaged!! Congrats!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. Amazing proposal, amazing ring, beautiful couple.

Congratulations!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh hoe romantic!! And what a beautiful ring!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I usually don''t care for antique settings, but yours is exceptional! And what a beautiful couple you make! Congratulations!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Oh what a great proposal! It''s like a fairytale! The ring is beautiful and you both look so happy. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results