shape
carat
color
clarity

End of the world?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Not so much.

Just in case anyone was harboring tiny amounts of concern regarding the Mayan calendar drama, let me reassure you. It is now 1:20 am on Dec 21 in Perth and the night is gorgeous. 21 degrees C (around 70 F), a cool breeze, and a sky of beautiful, twinkling stars. No meteors, axis shifts, or zombies detected thus far. :wink2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my calendar runs out I just buy a new one. :mrgreen:

But then, mine are on paper and they're a whole lot cheaper than those big ones carved from stone. ;-)

D

Deactivated member 42515

justginger said:
Not so much.

Just in case anyone was harboring tiny amounts of concern regarding the Mayan calendar drama, let me reassure you. It is now 1:20 am on Dec 21 in Perth and the night is gorgeous. 21 degrees C (around 70 F), a cool breeze, and a sky of beautiful, twinkling stars. No meteors, axis shifts, or zombies detected thus far. :wink2:
Phew! Here I am shivering in me boots with worry about the end of the world! I sure am glad you told me you're ok. And to think I was gonna get my hair cut today not knowing if I was gonna survive tomorrow! Now I can get my hair cut without worry. Or look really great for the end of the world.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this on another forum. :lol:

481565_357492124350057_456123555_n.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1356025204|3336610 said:
I saw this on another forum. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :appl: :appl: the best!!!

Ginger... I thought of you when I saw a note on FB that said it was now 12/21 in Aussie time... glad to know you are still with us!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes, but 12/21 isn't over yet so I won't be paying any bills until 12:01 a.m. on the Aussie 22nd. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the Mayan calendar/Oreo cookie thing!
Kenny - if only the Mayan's had thought to get a new stone - we wouldn't be going thru this now. Maybe they just weren't on the WF mailing list back when....????

YT - You're gonna look amazing when the end of the world comes !!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
Love the Mayan calendar/Oreo cookie thing!
Kenny - if only the Mayan's had thought to get a new stone - we wouldn't be going thru this now. Maybe they just weren't on the WF mailing list back when....????

YT - You're gonna look amazing when the end of the world comes !!!
They canceled my appointment on me via text! And rescheduled me for tomorrow without asking me! I can't go tomorrow! This is what happens when I try to go to a different salon after going to the same hairstylist for the past 10 years. But now I gotta drive 3 hours to get to her so its a hassle during the winter...

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It is another 3 degrees cooler at 18 now, and the sun has risen (Western Australia is full of idiots who refuse to participate in daylight savings so dawn comes mighty early in the summer). Thankfully the sun looks exactly the same as yesterday and the birds are still tweeting without alarm. So far, so good. :saint:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
The world can't end because I've got 2.5 weeks of holidays starting in about 8 hours!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Well, thanks for the update. I am glad I used restraint and didn't squander my 401K on booze parties and diamond jewelry. :lol:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Octavia|1356024044|3336587 said:
http://laughingsquid.com/the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it/

:cheeky:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pricescope went DOWN for a few mins, so I thought it was STARTING :errrr: ;-)

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
keep the good news coming Ginger!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Australia is quite a bit ahead of mayan standard time. The end could be nigh still.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are having an end of the world party... we figure if the world ends*, we'll go out drinking with friends, and if it doesn't, we'll celebrate by drinking with friends. Win-win.

*I do not think the world will end.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
515am in Ontario and the world hasn't ended here......YET!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
The sun has just set in Perth, and it wasn't via explosion.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Oh...perhaps the end has come after all. :o

Nope, just some fireworks going off in the local park.

Whew. ::)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm gonna be really mad if it does end; I should've spent all my money & gotten laid. :twisted:

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1356089344|3337116 said:
I'm gonna be really mad if it does end; I should've spent all my money & gotten laid. :twisted:

--- Laurie
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go out with a "BANG" so to speak? :naughty:

Yah, kinda wish I didn't pay off my MC, if it does end... or that I should have MAXED it out and bought the biggest halo'd diamond that I've been stalking for months!!

Oh well.... NEXT time the world ends, I'll be better prepared... ;))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has come and gone - this must be the new world! :-o :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

chrono said:
It has come and gone - this must be the new world! :-o :bigsmile:
I'm glad we both survived. I was afraid for all the PSers out there. :naughty:
But I was also hoping to loot a bunch of jewelers during the chaos that was to be the 21st. I even had my baseball bat ready and my sack to stuff all the jewels in. Even got a sexy black cat suit. Ha!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

amyan.jpg

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i think the mayan calendar confused the end of the world with lots of wind and rain in my neck of the woods :wink2:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My teenage son just informed me that the Mayan calender didn't account for the extra leap year days, so now those need to be added in, making the new official end of the world some time early in 2013 :rolleyes: ; I'll let the math inclined figure out precisely when.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1356109809|3337388 said:
My teenage son just informed me that the Mayan calender didn't account for the extra leap year days, so now those need to be added in, making the new official end of the world some time early in 2013 :rolleyes: ; I'll let the math inclined figure out precisely when.

Shouldn't it go the other way--the end of the world would have been earlier, not later... yes?

BTW, if the end of the world doesn't come soon I'm going to have to buy some bigger pants. All these Christmas cookies are killing me.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1356096512|3337174 said:
But I was also hoping to loot a bunch of jewelers during the chaos that was to be the 21st. I even had my baseball bat ready and my sack to stuff all the jewels in. Even got a sexy black cat suit. Ha!

AHA, YT!!! Best idea yet. Next time the world ends, I'll be sure I have enough gas to get to Perry's & David's. :cheeky: :cheeky:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i just woke up... :snore: is everyone still alive?... :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results