shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pikake

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and a newbie to the world of diamonds. I am most impressed by everyone''s vast knowledge on this subject. I really want a larger diamond(doesn''t almost everyone)and I would be trading my 1.01 GIA F color, polish g, symmetry g, IF marquise stone toward the new diamond. Money is a factor, so I realize that I will have to sacrifice something.Please give me your opinion of this diamond:
GIA cert, 2.44 emerald cut, vs2, k color depth 62.7,table 65.00, girdle medium, culet medium, polish good, symmetry good, flourescence n(here it would help)measurements 9.30x6.83x4.28. Price $8078.84 before trade in. I was offered $3800 for my diamond.Thanks for reading
wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There must be a way to describe how little those letters and numbers from the GIA cert mean... but here's my try
2.gif
To construct the picture below, I still had to assume quite a few things!

Having an F and a K side by side (your former and future diamond that is) should have made plenty clear what the "K" color grade means... I suppose.

Since you had a marq and have now selected an ec, should I assume that brilliance is not the main point ? Neither shape is known for consistently producing top brilliance, although obviously some stones are better at it than the others.

The "n" for fluorescence should mean "none" - no fluorescence, no more talk about it. Wether some may have made this stone look "J" instead of "K" is less debatable than inconsistent - the effect would likely show ONLY when there is a strong enough UW component in the lighting available. This stone should be plenty impressive reagrdless.

One thing is not clear: the "medium" culet... One doesn't see that all that often - it may mean a somewhat visible culet facet. Does it bother you?

Obviously this stone has to be seen - there is little one can make from the numbers more than a rough outline, which does look promissing.

k136.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the EC commign form a seller listed on the Pricescope database? Anyway, the diamond is listed there five times... for just about the matching quote. (you may want to look what such a listing reads like, for one more opinion on this piece; for Example).

It wouldn't help much comapring the return price of the marquise with retail prices - it is not likely to be able to sell it for the same.

pikake

Rough_Rock
Thanks Valeria. And yes, it appears the broker that I have been speaking to is referring to this same diamond-the item # is the same. I have not seen the diamond yet-and I have never seen a k diamond. I do realize there will be a quite a leap in color from an f to k.But it is it so yellow-that it will be very obvious(of course not holding side by side-but on it's own?) I like platinum or white gold-how will a k diamond look in white gold or platinum? Thanks again for your help.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You will definitely see some yellow in an emerald-cut K diamond that big. Whether you like the look is another question.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

On one of the other forums here on PS namely--"Show me your ring"--there is a picture of a K colored, emerald cut ring, and it photographed beautifully. Check out the "my new right hand ring" thumbnail, and you can see for yourself what a stone might look like set in a white "type" setting.

I recently saw a 4+ CTW, K colored, EC stone in a high end B & M establishment, and I was surprised that it was a K color. Faced up white, nicely.

See the stone for yourself, as only you can decide if it is what you want.

cheers

Sharon

pikake

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your responses. They were very helpful-most appreciated! Well, I just found out yesterday afternoon that the stone was sold the day before. :( I am disappointed and I never got to see it. Well, the broker is still looking-please wish me luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results