shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald help Please so confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocky44

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts on these 2 stones

8.14/6.40
1.96 G VS1
Ex polish
VG symetry
Table 66
Depth 65
Gia Cert

Pricescope says this stone is 2500 more than I was quoted.

egl cert
F VS1
Table 75
depth 58.8
crown 6
pavillion 51
price 8500

ANy thoughts?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first is a charmer - by numbers, and as much as they can tel. I am not a greta fan of stones with large tables - like the second one. As for the price variation... who knows? But this amount could well be an effect of pricing policy without any other considerations.

rocky44

Rough_Rock
what do you mean by pricing policy

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure I get the point on pricing... here's what I found listed. The price you quote is not higher than these and the exact stone does not seem to be listed.

Oh... 'pricing policy' - just retail premium, with or without some motivation behind !

ECGVS1.JPG

rocky44

Rough_Rock
I was quoted this price by a jeweler in my area he said he did a search for the parameters I requested and I think the price he is quoting seems much higher than the ones you listed. Now How do you know that the internet diamonds are going to be as good if not better cut than the one I listed?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/24/2004 6:21:38 PM rocky44 wrote:

Now How do you know that the internet diamonds are going to be as good if not better cut than the one I listed?----------------

There are two things about 'cut quality' I ma looking for: my taste, and whatever recognized standards for the respective shape there are. EC is my favorite, so I would probably be less critical about a certain stone. There are cut standards (table listed HERE, with user guide on top of the same page and explanation HERE) for ECs. One may or may not agree with them, but quite often you may be quoted a premium if a certain stone falls within the first two cut cathegories.

In my opinion, your stone (the G-VS) and the 1.96 on the table I listed seem quite nice. Also, I am particular about lower depths in these stones - most would be way more than 70% deep, and smaller tables (say, within 1-2% of the depth number). Looking closely, you can see that the 2cts stone, although more expensive is the smaller of the two listed in the table - depth does this, without no positive trade-off, I believe.

Aside these considerations, the proportiosn (L x W) are really a matter of choice and it is not at all unusual for buyers to ask for pictures and/or Sarin reports before buying a stone listed online. Of course, seeing the thing during the return period will make the definitive point. It is a different way of buying, but quite worth it, I would say.

rocky44

Rough_Rock
thanks valerie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results