shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Engagement Ring Search

MPM

Rough_Rock
Good morning:

I am searching for an emerald engagement ring and do not know where to begin. I have found several online, but I do not know if the sites are reputable or if it is risky to buy a ring online. Any information anyone can give me on where to begin and some reputable dealers would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in this ring http://www.diamonds-business.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=484_72_116&product_id=131 and would like to get something this style, but possibly a bit cheaper (closer to $4,000). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mitch

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have not worked with him but I see many PSer recommend Josh and he does post on here as well. From his postings I find him to be extremely professional and very aknowledgable about emeralds. I would definitely go to him and see what he can do for you in your budget.

http://www.serenity-diamonds.com/

Ask for Josh.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no mention of the level of emerald treatment, nor memo to back up their claim of being oiled only. Level of treatment matters just as much. Furthermore, I did not find any face up pictures so I have no idea of its transparancy nor colour. This is also a stock picture so the item delivered to you will be the same setting but the stone is likely to look different.

I have dealt with Josh of Serenity Diamonds in the past and purchased an emerald from him. Hardly anything is listed on his website so you'll have to contact him with your specifications.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
mitch, have you researched emeralds and some of the reasons they are usually not used as e-rings?
however, if your beloved wants an emerald, well, an emerald it is i guess.....
there are alternatives but they will never have the same look of an emerald, imo.

i only bring this up because years ago i worked with a woman that had to have an emerald e-ring. it was drop dead gorgeous as any $10k stone should be! 3 weeks later i asked her why she wasn't wearing it.......yes, still engaged but didn't want to damage the stone. a lot of $ to be sitting in a drawer.....

good luck with your search and congrats on your pending engagement!

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think the reason there is no mention of treatment and other things is that the ring is a CAD CAM render, or at least it looks that way to me? I would assume the stone has not been sourced yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results