shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut? to be or not to be

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zohan

Rough_Rock
Hello there,

This forum really is great and you guys...well just all seem so nice..

Woudl you mind sharing your MOST AMAZING knowledge and expertises with me. I'm choosing my engagement ring, please can I get your guys input on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350263538148&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

INFO: Estate Tiffany & Co Platinum 1.41ct Diamond Engagement Ring!!! Tiffany diamond certificate & original box!!! Value $14,500!!! 1 cut cornered diamond 7.31 X 5.17 X 2.95, 1.00CT diamond weight, 2 triangular brilliant cut diamonds: 1) (4.20 X 4.30 X 1.98)mm, 2) (4.10 X 4.50 X 2.04)mm, 0.41CT total diamond weight, Clarity:VS1, Color:F/G Tiffany & Co. report # 513222 April 22, 2009, diamond: Quantity: 1, shape/cut/: cut-cornered rectangular step cut, approximate measurements: 7.31 X 5.17 X 2.95mm, estimated weight: 1.0CT, color: F-G, clarity: VS1, diamond: shape/cut: triangular brilliant cut, approximate dimensions(4.20 X 4.30 X 1.98)mm - (4.10 X 4.50 X 2.04) estimated weight: 0.41 carat total wight, color: F-G, clarity: VS1, ring size 5 3/4, (1 inch= 25mm) Marked: TIFFANY & CO,PT950, Weight: 4.2g

Is this good value @ $7500?

Is it ok ok to have a VS1 on this type of stone?

I love it myself thinking the emerald gives it the elegance & the triangle brilliance.

Cant wait to hear from you.
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2009 8:53:33 AM
Author:zohan

hello there,

This forum really is great and you guys...well just all seem so nice..
Woudl you mind sharing your MOST AMAZING knowledge and expertises with me. I'm choosing my engagement ring, please can I get your guys input on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350263538148&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

INFO: Estate Tiffany & Co Platinum 1.41ct Diamond Engagement Ring!!! Tiffany diamond certificate & original box!!! Value $14,500!!! 1 cut cornered diamond 7.31 X 5.17 X 2.95, 1.00CT diamond weight, 2 triangular brilliant cut diamonds: 1) (4.20 X 4.30 X 1.98)mm, 2) (4.10 X 4.50 X 2.04)mm, 0.41CT total diamond weight, Clarity:VS1, Color:F/G Tiffany & Co. report # 513222 April 22, 2009, diamond: Quantity: 1, shape/cut/: cut-cornered rectangular step cut, approximate measurements: 7.31 X 5.17 X 2.95mm, estimated weight: 1.0CT, color: F-G, clarity: VS1, diamond: shape/cut: triangular brilliant cut, approximate dimensions(4.20 X 4.30 X 1.98)mm - (4.10 X 4.50 X 2.04) estimated weight: 0.41 carat total wight, color: F-G, clarity: VS1, ring size 5 3/4, (1 inch= 25mm) Marked: TIFFANY & CO,PT950, Weight: 4.2g

Is this good value @ $7500?

Is it ok ok to have a VS1 on this type of stone?

I love it myself thinking the emerald gives it the elegance & the triangle brilliance.

Cant wait to hear from you.
25.gif

Hi zohan

Detailed images are really needed to evaluate EC's and the images here aren't suitable to evaluate the diamond's cut quality. Personally I wouldn't buy a diamond from Ebay as I have seen it go wrong so many times, but thats me. It looks like a pretty ring but I would really have to insist on an independant appraisal before I would accept the sale as final and 5 days really isn't very long in which to arrange this and get the diamond back if it didn't appraise as you wished or whatever it is they specify you do such as getting pre approval to return within 5 days. Yes VS1 is ok for an EC if eyeclean.

Here are the sellers terms and conditions;

Your satisfaction is our priority; please contact us immediately to discuss a question or concern.

Buyer must contact us within 5 days of receiving your item for PRE-APPROVAL on all returns. ( not enough time for me and I do not like the idea of pre approval so I can return an item).

NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. If it is over the 5-day period, we will deny the return. ( again to me not enough time allowed to verify the goods).

All returns subject to a 15% restocking fee (unless wrong item was shipped or item is grossly misrepresented) - so you would lose over 1k if they gave you a refund???

38.gif
What if you don't like the ring or decide you want another shape - so you have to lose 15% of your budget if that happened???

NO REFUNDS - Unless we have misrepresented item in description.

38.gif
I take this to mean they will give refunds minus 15% of what you paid, I don't know about you but 1k plus is a lot of money and not something I would care to lose for nothing.

Refunds will be granted only when the item has been returned in its original condition. A portion of the refund more like.

40.gif

Any tampering or mishandling of the item caused by the buyer will be assumed by the buyer.

The above terms and conditions are not acceptable to me but it is of course up to you, I would not want to risk losing a considerable portion of my ring budget due to a restocking fee and have to try to satisfy their terms and conditions to get some money back. Have you looked at www.signedpieces.com to see what they have if you want a Tiffany piece?

ct-appr

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I agree with Lorelei. It looks like a nice handmade ring of Tiffany quality. I would insist on sending it to an independent appraiser to have it evaluated prior to purchase. Also, the Tiffany paperwork is for the ring in its original condition, it is possible that the stones have been damaged and that, of course, would alter the grading and value.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results