shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut lovers! What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''m this close to buying this diamond.....opinions appreciated!

DI40X_GIA15751465.jpg

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium

IS_GIA15751465.jpg

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium

SARIN_GIA15751465.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Also meant to say that it''s an F VS1, polish and sym are both very good, and no fluor.

Thanks!
9.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Bump
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say I think you have found a very pretty EC. The magnified picture show nice steps, the IScope is very red and black (leakage in the corners is common, so I hear) and the Sarin # looks good too. The only thing that keeps nagging at me is the 9.6% crown height. For me, that's kind of low. I love huge flashes of fire and to do that, the crown has to be 12% and upwards. So I dunno... This EC has everything else going for it though. What does WF (I am guessing from the pictures posted that it is WF) have to say about this EC's light performance?

ETA:
See OldMiner's cut chart on crown height here:
http://www.gemappraisers.com/GradeForm.asp

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes the stone''s from Whiteflash, and I think light performance is the ONLY question I forgot to ask about, lol!! The 9.6% crown height niggled me a little too, but I have been assured that once it''s seen I will only be sold a diamond I am happy with, of course! Everything else about it looks so good though, that I hope it makes up for that. It''s a bit difficult finding a good emerald! I''ll give ongoing updates for anyone who''s interested.....

Did you ever take a pic of your emerald Chrono?? (if you don''t mind me asking!)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is this stone will have a good bit of white light / brilliance going for it. Do ask WF how much FIRE this baby''s going to have. Is Fire top priority for you?

As for me and my non-existant pictures, sadly, they are still non-existant. I''m so sorry but I never had the chance last week with the digicam. Instead I got sick from the stress of running the household with 2 kids (including a 4 month old baby) all by myself with hubby out of town. I think I know what to do: I''ll use my regular camera, use the macro feature, take lots of film & pray most are okay, then develop them on a CD. This will be quicker than trying to figure out how to use the digital camera and downloading it. Pretty silly, huh?
3.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey, whatever works!! My sis has just had another baby (she has 4 boys) so I can certainly empathize! Take your time :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely. I would just ask them how it looks to the eye. VERY nice from what''s presented though. Good job! I have a 64 depth too, and the spread is pretty good.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think WF can run this through an ASET which should help you decide. Ask WF to do this before your final decision.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know nothing about emerald cuts, but my eyes are really diggin what I see in the image. To me it looks very pretty!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.6% is right on the edge generaly i like 10+ but the rest of this one is so nice Id get an aset and have Brian eyeball it for fire.
If Brian says it has great fire your good to go.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I''m pretty excited with it
21.gif

Okay, here''s the ASET!

AST_GIA15751465[1].JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy
Have it checked for fire.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Strmrdr - What do you think about the black areas? Too much? Bad, good? I''m not sure how to interpret the image.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 6:13:44 PM
Author: weegem
Strmrdr - What do you think about the black areas? Too much? Bad, good? I''m not sure how to interpret the image.
typical of the cut

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Fan-dabby! Thanks all! Now I await the making of the ring......

Will post more pics as they appear
41.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m no expert either, but that is one gorgeous emerald cut! What type of setting are you going for?

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! A setting I never knew I loved until the moment I saw it! UCLABelle''s ring is the inspiration for mine. The head will be plat, knife-edge shank will be 18kt yg (looks better on me), and there will be trillions either side. Simple and elegant, I hope! I can''t wait!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I love that l/w ratio....looks beautiful. I''ve seen some east/west setting lately that are really pretty, too.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 7:40:04 PM
Author: weegem
Thanks! A setting I never knew I loved until the moment I saw it! UCLABelle''s ring is the inspiration for mine. The head will be plat, knife-edge shank will be 18kt yg (looks better on me), and there will be trillions either side. Simple and elegant, I hope! I can''t wait!

That''s a gorgeous setting. That diamond will look beautiful in it! I can''t wait to see the pictures of the finished product!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think that EC looks like it will be stunning. Don''t worry if the stone''s #''s are not "perfect".....even if you run this report and that report on it, and the numbers dont fall exactly where you would want them too ideally, that doesn''t mean you dont have a gorgeous stone...I am sure this EC looks awesome in person if you decided to go ahead with it. I love UCLABelle''s ring too......can''t wait to see the finished product!!

Good luck and post pics as soon as you can!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results