shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB Emerald cut lab diamond, moissanite, high quality cz

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
Hi! I’m looking to buy a preloved emerald cut anything basically. I’m looking to grab something that will give me an idea if emerald cuts are for me so I’m looking to spend less than $1000 based on the item. Size 7.5 or sizeable. Let me know if anyone has something they want to part with!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't have any to sell, but I wanted to mention that Berricle sells jewelry in rhodium-dipped or plated silver for under 100$, and their Swarovski zirconia CZ emerald cuts are beautiful. I have a couple of them and they totally "scratch the itch" for me for emerald cut stones, so they should certainly work for your purposes! You can find a thread or two over in the Fabulous Fashion Jewelry section where we talk about them and some folks have posted pictures. They also frequently have 20%/30%/40% off sales.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
I don't have any to sell, but I wanted to mention that Berricle sells jewelry in rhodium-dipped or plated silver for under 100$, and their Swarovski zirconia CZ emerald cuts are beautiful. I have a couple of them and they totally "scratch the itch" for me for emerald cut stones, so they should certainly work for your purposes! You can find a thread or two over in the Fabulous Fashion Jewelry section where we talk about them and some folks have posted pictures. They also frequently have 20%/30%/40% off sales.

Thank you! Someone else mentioned that too I will definitely take a look! Do you think those CZ’s best mimic the effect of an emerald? Are they crisp?

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Someone else mentioned that too I will definitely take a look! Do you think those CZ’s best mimic the effect of an emerald? Are they crisp?

You know, to be honest, I've never personally owned an emerald cut diamond, so I've only seen them for short amounts of time in person, rather than being able to look at one lots over time the way we do with stones we own and wear. That said, I do have super ideal MRB and OEC diamonds, and I know that the Swarovski rounds that Berricle sells are just as crisp in comparison and are beautifully cut, so I'm reasonably confident that their emerald cuts are pretty representative. The ones I have are absolutely crisp as all get out, with wonderful rainbow hall of mirrors effects. (Except for the one that I got that was in a bezel setting; that one is a little blah, I think due to the setting limiting the light into the stone. I would avoid that one.) They're so pretty that I've decided to stick with them for my "emerald urges" because, for my personal bling fund, getting a diamond that well cut and with clarity that good (which is so important for step-cut diamonds) would be a bit too expensive, and I have some doubts that a moissy would be quite as crisp in the faceting, due to the double refraction.

Here's a thread from the Fabulous Fashion Jewelry section: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/berricle-purchases.250332/

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
CZ is closer than moissy for step cuts in my experience. I played with a few cheapies before deciding emerald cuts were for me.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CZ is closer than moissy for step cuts in my experience. I played with a few cheapies before deciding emerald cuts were for me.

I'd agree with this - step-cuts are ALL about depth and the crispness of faceting to really get that "hall of mirrors" effect, and CZs, when well-cut, match diamonds well in that way since both refract light singly. Moissy, on the other hand, while it has such lovely rainbows and colorful flashes, lacks a bit of the same level of crispness and depth due to the double refraction. That effect is reduced when they're cut really, really well, like the ones Jonathon has at Distinctive Gem, but it can't be completely eliminated.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone.. I just ordered this from berricle:

I’ve honestly never seen an emerald diamond IRL. I hope this one gives me a decent idea.. I’ll post it for your opinion on how it compares! Thanks all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results