shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rreynol

Rough_Rock
I''ve been reading these forums for a few months and finally decided to register today because I''d like some advice. The numbers all look good to me and the price does too however I''d like a second (or third) set of eyes to glance over the numbers and see if there are any gotchas I might have missed. I do know that numbers do not always tell the whole truth but until I get to see it in person, they are all I have to go on.

GIA
Shape: Emerald
Carat: 0.95
Color: F
Clarity: VVS1
Depth: 68.4
Table: 63
Girdle: STK-TK
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.43-4.90X3.35
Length/Width: 1.31

Sarin:
Girdle: 3 - 4.7%
Crown Height: 13.7%
Crown Angle: 28.0 deg
Pav Height: 50.3%
Pav Angle: 39.1 deg

What do you guys think? Thanks.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It may be an okay diamond. I think the 28 degree crown angle is incorrect. It could be the Sarin, or a typo. A stone with a 63% table on a 13.7% crown height would have a difficult time being made with such a shallow crown angle. Something seems wrong. You might want to have it looked at or re-checked......

Maybe another one of the "experts" will advise you here, too. It is good to get a couple opinions before rushing to judgment on a diamond never seen in person. It isn''t time to panic.

rreynol

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, David. I probed them further about it.

Anybody else have an opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results