shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Calypso

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Please could you advise on the following 2 emerald cut diamonds, certified by HRD. Arw they good stones?

1st Stone
Weight: 1.06ct
Colour: F
Clarity: VS2
Size: 6.59x4.90x3.84
Table Width%: 75
Crown Height %: 11
Pavillion Depth%: 63.5
Flourence: NIL
GOOD
$4600

2nd Stone
Weight: 1.25ct
Colour: E
Clarity: VS2
Size: 6.54x4.82x4.12
Table Width%: 62
Crown Heigh%: 18.5
Pavillion Depth%: 59
Flourence: NIL
GOOD
$5750

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Given the 2 stones the table is better on the second stone.......

Depth & Crown Height on both stones as I ran them through the Atlas Cut Grading CHarts scored 3b-4b which falls in the category of US Domestic Average cut & Below Average for the Depth...

Do a Price Search comparison on the given stones and see if you can come up with some comparable prices for better cut stones....

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I would characterize the 1.06 as a "fair to good" make, and the 1.25 as a "fair" make. That's on a scale of poor, fair, good, very good & excellent.

It's mostly the depths that put them in that category, especially the 1.25 ct. The total depth on it is 85.5%. That's deep.

Notice the length and width measurements on the 1.06 are slightly bigger than the measurements on the 1.25, even though that stone has 19 points on the 1.06. That's because the 1.06 is not quite so deep (77.6%).

Both the stones are priced fairly, but the 1.06 appears to be the better stone at a better deal.

With fancies though, it all boils down to the visual examination. Sometimes fancies that look bad on paper can look great to the eye, and vica versa. I'd pass on an 85% depth stone though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results