shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Art Deco Stunner - Need HELP!

Discussion in 'Colored Gemstones' started by AMRN0516, Jan 9, 2019.

1. AMRN0516
    Rough_Rock

2. paperunicorn
    Rough_Rock

by paperunicorn » Jan 9, 2019
    The emerald looks like it could potentially have a very big window. If you love this style though, there are many beautiful art deco rings out there with similar settings and I love the idea of this sort of ring for an ering too :)

Rad_Fan likes this.
  3. qubitasaurus
    Brilliant_Rock

by qubitasaurus » Jan 9, 2019
    Pass, or get photos where you are looking directly down on the gem on someones hand (make sure the photo is dead on, so the gem is not tilted at an angle) and a lab report. It almost cettainly has a window and looks suspiciously clean to me. Also emeralds are almost always treated with oil or a polymer infilling (which acts like a glue filling up fishers in the stone). You need a lab report to know what you are getting yourself into.

lmyracle likes this.
  4. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » Jan 9, 2019
    The stone looks very poorly cut. I think there is an enormous window, and IRL it won't look great. The emrald is likely to look somewhat "dead" due to the window. I wouldn't do it if I were you, especially bc you can find much better for 11k

chrono likes this.
  5. SparkliesLuver
    Ideal_Rock

by SparkliesLuver » Jan 9, 2019
    What keeps drawing you in? Is it the design of the ring? The colored stones? Knowing this would help.

I find the ring itself very pretty, but that poor, poor emerald is "cut" terribly and who knows what it's been treated with. I suppose if you don't mind those things, then by all means. But I'd much rather find an emerald (that I know all about) and have a ring made that's similar.

voce, strawrose and lovedogs like this.