shape
carat
color
clarity

Embroidery Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I embroider fairly frequently, and my boyfriend has mentioned that he doesn''t have anything in his house that makes it "homey." He obviously doesn''t want flowers with days of the week or tea cups, so I was trying to come up with some ideas for him. He is graduating from pilot training (he is in the Air Force) in March, and I thought tea towels with different planes on them would be PERFECT!

But, I can''t find any iron on transfers! Do any of you know where to look? If I could draw free-hand, I would.. but I am not at all skilled in the art of sketching. I was hoping some of you could maybe help me. I checked hobby lobby and they had one book with one very small plane. I looked online, but maybe I was typing in the wrong keywords. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Embroidery as in straight line, or counted cross stitch? Either way, look in the yellow pages for a shop that specializes in needlepoint. They''ll have all the books and patterns you could possibly want. The other solution is to find clip art online, print it, take it to Kinkos to have it blown up to the size you want, and use carbon type paper to transfer the lines onto what you want to embroider.

I don''t do any needle arts myself, but my mom is a veteran. She''s won many awards in her guild and goes to seminars all over the US.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Embroidery as a straight line.

Thanks for the advice. I hadn''t thought about carbon copy. That''s a great idea. There aren''t any specialty stores close to me, but I imagine I could also call shops a few cities away or something.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results