shape
carat
color
clarity

Elizabeth Warren, Straight Shooter!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When a couple of the regulars here first said how much they liked Elizabeth Warren, I really didn't know much about her. Since she has been targeted by Donald Trump and called "Goofy" and "Pocahontas" One cannot miss her anymore. I have to say that I am, now, a huge fan. I love what she said about his "money grubbing". She certainly shoots from the hip!

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-donald-trump.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

AGBF

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: I'm pleased to be able to say that she was one of my FIL's students very early in his highschool teaching career. He said she very obviously had "it" even in highschool - she was going somewhere.

As far as I'm concerned, she's the only good thing to come out of Oklahoma in a very long time.

Oh, and for those wondering why Trump is calling her Pocahantas, he's slagging her for supposed lies about the Native American connection.

If you're not from around here, you can't truly appreciate just how many families have as part of their family lore, that they've got some Native American blood in there. It often is a matter of oral tradition rather than being settled fact or because they are on the rolls of a particular tribe. Which is my way of saying, she probably got caught in that rather than anything deliberate, ala the following...

"Native American heritage controversy

In April 2012, the Boston Herald sparked a campaign controversy when it reported that from 1986 to 1995 Warren had listed herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) directories.[67] Harvard Law School had publicized her minority status in response to criticisms about a lack of faculty diversity, but Warren said that she was unaware of this until she read about it in a newspaper during the 2012 election.[67][68][69] Scott Brown, her Republican opponent in the Senate race, speculated that she had fabricated Native American heritage to gain advantage in hiring.[70][71][72] Former colleagues and supervisors at universities she had worked at stated that Warren's ancestry played no role in her hiring.[68][69][72][73] Warren responded to the allegations saying that she had self-identified as a minority in the directories in order to meet others with similar tribal roots.[74] Her brothers defended her, stating that they "grew up listening to our mother and grandmother and other relatives talk about our family's Cherokee and Delaware heritage".[75] In her 2014 autobiography, Warren described the allegations as untrue and hurtful.[76] The New England Historic Genealogical Society found a family newsletter that alluded to a marriage license application that listed Elizabeth Warren’s great-great-great grandmother as a Cherokee, but could not find the primary document and found no proof of her descent.[72][77][78] The Oklahoma Historical Society said that finding a definitive answer about Native American heritage can be difficult because of intermarriage and deliberate avoidance of registration.[79]"

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K-

I happen to have been friendly with someone (back then she was a teenage girl, although now she would be a woman of my age) who was from Oklahoma and who had a Native American heritage, just as you described. So I am aware that many people in Oklahoma (this girl was fair skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes) do have a Native American heritage. In my friend's case, however, I believe that her mother was totally Native American. Her mother was LaDonna Harris and her father was, when I knew her, the Senator from Oklahoma, Fred Harris. It may have been before you were born!

Deb :wavey:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always liked her. I first encountered her in her sensible financial advice, and also her standing up for various issues I agreed with. I think she would be great in politics such as a cabinet position. She has more common sense in her pinky than Trump has in his entire body.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's the only politician I like.

I want to clone her.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1464197912|4036194 said:
I love her bunches. She is going to be huge going forward. And constantly hammering on Trump by pointing out what a personally cruel bastard he really is, is a great approach.
+1 to this! I adore her as well, and love when she decimates Trump, particularly on Twitter (and does so knowing he will spew hate at her rather than using facts or defending his position). Here are some recent gems from her account:

Elizabeth Warren ‏@elizabethforma May 11
@realDonaldTrump can’t talk about Wall St, college costs or min wage, so he spent all day belching insults. Pathetic. Really pathetic.

@realDonaldTrump: Your policies are dangerous. Your words are reckless. Your record is embarrassing. And your free ride is over.

We get it, @realDonaldTrump: When a woman stands up to you, you’re going to call her a basket case. Hormonal. Ugly

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How far left is E.W.??... :read:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1464227181|4036340 said:
She's the only politician I like.

I want to clone her.

I was disappointed she didn't run this cycle. I have so much respect for her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results